• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XR-640 Printing out better Reds

outlawgraphics

Hello

I need Some Help printing out Better reds. I have a job that Needs A red Like Coke Red. Not having any luck even getting close to it I am Using a Roland XR-640 and Versaworks and Rolands Color palette in Corel Draw X8 I have used all the Profiles from Roland for the media that I am Using ORACAL 3551GRA 3951GRA Avery 1105 any help would be great I have never got a very good red with this machine

oksigns

Hello

I need Some Help printing out Better reds. I have a job that Needs A red Like Coke Red. Not having any luck even getting close to it I am Using a Roland XR-640 and Versaworks and Rolands Color palette in Corel Draw X8 I have used all the Profiles from Roland for the media that I am Using ORACAL 3551GRA 3951GRA Avery 1105 any help would be great I have never got a very good red with this machine

I've found after lots of trail and error that a red like that on your printer needs some black.. Even when profiled correctly that "deep" red absolutely needs some black on the XR-640

You're Welcome To Contact Roland Support

Hey outlawgraphics,

No need for you to continue struggling with this issue. It's recommended that you contact Roland support and get help with this ASAP. We'll need you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

We look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

chevrolet

I had a 540 EX for years that I could get good Campbell Soup and Coke Reds. I upgraded to an XR 640 a few years ago. I tried everything but could never get as good of reds. I kept the 540 to print reds (needed the reds for equipment decals) as long as I could. The 540 is now retired and I am back to weak reds produced by the XR. Many hours of trying to get a good red but could never get as good as the old printer. One difference between the machines is the inks. Maybe the Max 2 inks can't make as good of a red.
Anxious to hear what they find out for you.

IND Digital Dept.

@industryprintshop
Maybe the Max 2 inks can't make as good of a red.
Anxious to hear what they find out for you.
We had similar issues with our XR. On the chances that we did hit a good match, the dither pattern would be visible making it look super grainy, even on High-Quality. Once we made the move to Nazdar Eco Solvent inks, these issues have dramatically improved. Nazdar inks for Roland are the way to go, better color accuracy and lower ink cost- it's a win-win!

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-12_9-24-41.png
    upload_2017-9-12_9-24-41.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 181