• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Selling Printer

loudsigns

Hello all,

I purchased one of sign warehouses package deals 9 months ago (Mutoh VJ1324X, Q54 plotter, Flexisign, and 54" cold laminator) and started a print shop. It was a very steep learning curve and I had a good time learning but unfortunately my husband took a job in the Borneo Islands and I'm unable to bring my equipment. I'm completely aware I'm going to have to sell at a deep discount to offload this equipment ASAP.

My question is this: What's the quickest way to offload equipment? Does anyone have experience with ebay, craigslist, or know of any websites that pay cash for used equipment?

Thanks!

bannertime

Hello all,

I purchased one of sign warehouses package deals 9 months ago (Mutoh VJ1324X, Q54 plotter, Flexisign, and 54" cold laminator) and started a print shop. It was a very steep learning curve and I had a good time learning but unfortunately my husband took a job in the Borneo Islands and I'm unable to bring my equipment. I'm completely aware I'm going to have to sell at a deep discount to offload this equipment ASAP.

My question is this: What's the quickest way to offload equipment? Does anyone have experience with ebay, craigslist, or know of any websites that pay cash for used equipment?

Thanks!

How much do you want for all of it? List some prices in the member to member classifieds or something. You can try all the sites, but nothing is guaranteed quick except a low price.

loudsigns

How much do you want for all of it? List some prices in the member to member classifieds or something. You can try all the sites, but nothing is guaranteed quick except a low price.

Thanks for pointing out the M-M classifieds, I paid 15K for printer + flexi, 5.5K for plotter, 3K for laminator - I'm willing to part ways for 10K without shipping. Everything is still under warranty.

ProPDF

Just as a heads up. Unless something has changed and I am wrong. The warranty will not transfer to the second owner of the equipment. That is part of the reason for the steep price decline even in "like new condition". Mutoh and many of the manufactures don't like to tell people this until it's too late. The new owner is loosing out on the 2 year warranty that covers many expensive parts and service calls. With that said don't accept paypal especially if you will be out of the country and need to accept a 3pcs freight return. Do cash or bank wire and stick to your guns on it. Never accept a check. Even certified checks can be called back within 180+ days.

loudsigns

Just as a heads up. Unless something has changed and I am wrong. The warranty will not transfer to the second owner of the equipment. That is part of the reason for the steep price decline even in "like new condition". Mutoh and many of the manufactures don't like to tell people this until it's too late. The new owner is loosing out on the 2 year warranty that covers many expensive parts and service calls. With that said don't accept paypal especially if you will be out of the country and need to accept a 3pcs freight return. Do cash or bank wire and stick to your guns on it. Never accept a check. Even certified checks can be called back within 180+ days.

Thanks for the heads up.

PBVinyl

Unsure if this is still available, but I may have some interest in it. I'll send you a message shortly.