• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop management software

artofacks1

Hello,

Can you guys recommend a light weight software for a small 4 person shop?

We are at a point where we need to stay organized. Right now we use paypal for invoicing but would like something like shopvox that will integrate with paypal.

Thanks,
Robert

legacyborn

I use shopvox and love it, but agree that I really want it to integrate with Paypal or Square but Rao has said it isn't on their radar right now. They will continue to use an outdated system that over charges the end user.

I've done a lot of research and came down as Shopvox being they best option for me, but it does miss quite a few modern features that a lot of other systems use out there. At this point you may want to look at two systems, one CRM (such as Infusionsoft) for customer management and invoicing, and a project management system (Maybe looking at a light weight option like Trello)

If you do find something that works like Shopvox but comes with more of the modern touches like an App and square/paypal integration, let me know, I may be interested in switching.

Hello,

Can you guys recommend a light weight software for a small 4 person shop?

We are at a point where we need to stay organized. Right now we use paypal for invoicing but would like something like shopvox that will integrate with paypal.

Thanks,
Robert

T

TonyC

We used Estimate for 2 years. We used signVOX for 2 years and have been using shopVOX for over a year now. I truly believe when used properly it will increase your profit margin as well as your productivity. We used several system and methods giving each a 6-8 month trial. ShopVOX by far exceeds the other we used.
With that being said, it also still lacks in several areas for us. I don't believe there is a system out there which is the best for everyone.
For example: We manually put information in Quickbooks and use it for accounting. I don't like how shopVOX transfers information to Quickbooks. We use shared Google calendars for tasks to be done. It is much more user friendly than shopVOX and allows quick rescheduling of events. ShopVOX is used to control most everything else.
Where I believe shopVOX really shines is total control of pricing. It allows anyone in our shop to accurately quote and price everyday jobs (banners, panel signs, vehicle graphics, store front graphics) within minutes. Everyone in the shop can also see where each job is in the workflow. If a customer calls to check status of a job, whoever answers the phone can advise the customer without asking anyone.

On a side note, we use Ringcentral for our phone system and really like it. They recently purchased Glip.com and it is offered as a free service to customers. I am thinking of switching from Google calendars to Glip for task scheduling.

If anyone finds the business management unicorn that works the best for everything, let me know.

legacyborn

I am going to revise my previous statement about the costs of the credit card processing.

I think for a normal user that does a decent average of credit card processing, that the cost of using the processing through Shopvox could be very competitive especially compared to services like Square.

In our cloud based world, I got ahead of myself because I have had so many of those types of companies trying to get one over on me.

However I do believe that it is an archaic way of doing credit card processing and would still prefer an option without a monthly fee (and without a mountain of paperwork and application fees) because I don't do a lot of cc transactions.

Once again, Overall, I think Shopvox is the best option out there, and as soon as they catch up with technology on a few things and simplify a few things they will be miles more ahead of the competition.

D2S

I use shopvox and love it, but agree that I really want it to integrate with Paypal or Square but Rao has said it isn't on their radar right now. They will continue to use an outdated system that over charges the end user.

I've done a lot of research and came down as Shopvox being they best option for me, but it does miss quite a few modern features that a lot of other systems use out there. At this point you may want to look at two systems, one CRM (such as Infusionsoft) for customer management and invoicing, and a project management system (Maybe looking at a light weight option like Trello)

If you do find something that works like Shopvox but comes with more of the modern touches like an App and square/paypal integration, let me know, I may be interested in switching.
I agree I use shopVOX for management and then Quickbooks Online for invoicing and expenses works great

SignVOX

Merchant Member
You use shopVOX Express?

I agree I use shopVOX for management and then Quickbooks Online for invoicing and expenses works great

Hi,
Just curious so I am assuming you use shopVOX Express, right?
You do all your order management in QB Online and Production Management in shopVOX Express?

signguypgh

Are you process driven? How do you currently track employee production time? Sometimes computers are great, and sometimes an employee/manager just needs to fill out their not optional daily work sheet. Its amazing what can be organized, tracked and managed with a few practically free spreadsheet and data tools and paper forms in combination with a little administrative help (even if its part time or a few hours a week).

Aflac

No I am using the full version with QBO
How do you write a "work order" or "job ticket" using QBO? I currently use QB Premier but I'm thinking of switching to QBO. QBO has no "work order" function however you can change the title of and "estimate" to "work order"...the only problem is the total amount of $$$$ is listed and I don't need that floating around the shop....