• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab 10 & Font issue AGAIN

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Signlab has been a hassle with fonts since day 1 but this is a new one-at least to me!
I installed the upgrade and then installed all my fonts on the new version.
Except half of my files will not open unless I opt to replace font (hell no)
So I have been having this issue all week and finally found out that when I copied the fonts to a central location from all of my computers and then installed them in Signlab (yes, they are scattered across the network, my bad)
The names on some of the fonts were changed! This is not a signlab issue directly as it is happening outside of the program I just hate having to deal with it every time I do anything with Signlab.

So, Here is how it went:
Copied font folder on computer A to a flash drive
Opened flash drive (not from signlab) to see if my specific font was there and it was not.
So, I copied just the one font to the flash and then opened the flash and that is when I noticed that it had changed the name of the font!

No wonder Signlab is confused. Anyone have any idea if there is a work around? I have files from back to 2002. Literally 1000's and I cannot guess at what each font might have been so I really need to figure this out!

Oh, and for the record. New 10 version.....can't tell any better results. Still hangs on big files and the filters are useless. I have only had it for a couple of weeks but I was really hoping for better. I have pretty well built machines so they have plenty of power. Signlab is still a cranky program but I use it for a lot of lighter designs so it is still valuable in this shop!

Any help on the font thing would be greatly appreciated!

timgo

Graphics Designer
fonts\signlab 10

Signlab has been a hassle with fonts since day 1 but this is a new one-at least to me!
I installed the upgrade and then installed all my fonts on the new version.
Except half of my files will not open unless I opt to replace font (hell no)
So I have been having this issue all week and finally found out that when I copied the fonts to a central location from all of my computers and then installed them in Signlab (yes, they are scattered across the network, my bad)
The names on some of the fonts were changed! This is not a signlab issue directly as it is happening outside of the program I just hate having to deal with it every time I do anything with Signlab.

So, Here is how it went:
Copied font folder on computer A to a flash drive
Opened flash drive (not from signlab) to see if my specific font was there and it was not.
So, I copied just the one font to the flash and then opened the flash and that is when I noticed that it had changed the name of the font!

No wonder Signlab is confused. Anyone have any idea if there is a work around? I have files from back to 2002. Literally 1000's and I cannot guess at what each font might have been so I really need to figure this out!

Oh, and for the record. New 10 version.....can't tell any better results. Still hangs on big files and the filters are useless. I have only had it for a couple of weeks but I was really hoping for better. I have pretty well built machines so they have plenty of power. Signlab is still a cranky program but I use it for a lot of lighter designs so it is still valuable in this shop!

Any help on the font thing would be greatly appreciated!

Remove signlab 10 and install it agan.

d fleming

I have always installed all fonts to c drive/windows/ fonts and installed directly to signlab from there with no problems.​

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Update: Sorry haven't been here for a while but here is why I got rid of signlab 10.
After much tech support it was found that the new version would not read its own fonts. So, in the end the only work around was to change every font in every file that I had ever created in signlab 9 to the new version of the font in signlab 10.
I cannot tell you the words that I used after having to pay shipping and a new dongle charge to find out that the many many many files that I have in my system would not be able to open easily if I had used a signlab font in creating. Cost me a couple hundred to in what amounted to being a "test dummy" for their new update.
There are supposedly patches coming soon to fix the issues but I would not purchase this update. I did not notice any real difference in the handling of big files either and it crashed more than a few times. Each time I deal with Signlab I am less than impressed and this experience was no different.