• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

signlab 8 win 7 issues

gabagoo

I have had this happen far to many times for it not to be a glitch.

many times when performing functions on type, if the system does not like what I have done it erases the copy and no amount of backward steps brings it back.

What causes this?

Today all I did was simply try to put an italic on one line of copy and when I hit enter..Poof the line dissapears. gone, nada, like it never existed.

Am I alone in this issue?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I have had this happen far to many times for it not to be a glitch.

many times when performing functions on type, if the system does not like what I have done it erases the copy and no amount of backward steps brings it back.

What causes this?

Today all I did was simply try to put an italic on one line of copy and when I hit enter..Poof the line dissapears. gone, nada, like it never existed.

Am I alone in this issue?

Hilight the text and then click on your italicised font...that should do it. To my knowledge, there is no single button to make a font italicised. Do not hit enter, or it will disappear.

JB

d fleming

Or go to layout, size/move, slant, then tell it in degrees how much slant you want or do it on screen.

gabagoo

No I am talking about while working with text.... if I highlight the text then click on the italic box and move it up incrementally to lets say 12 degrees then hit enter it should do the function.

Today it deleted the line of text and if I hit edit undo i could see functions changing on screen prior to the text disapearing. So in other words it just vanished and was never coming back which is not the way the software should be working.
I have experienced this over the last year with many functions intermittently and find it to be very annoying.

I just tried it again and now it works.

I can only think that it may of happened due to any number of issues involved in multi tasking.
Just a pain in the azz

Vinyldog

I've seen this also. Unfortunately I can't help you. I would think it has something to do with the warning screen you might have seen that reads, do to file size resources are too low to perform un-do.
The function you are performing is simple and should not drain the cpu resources but for some reason it is. Maybe even a different program is keeping your computer busy.
Hit save often is all I could recommend. Or maybe re-start the cpu before a doing design work.