• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Signlab Gradient Print Issue Help Request

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Hi!
I am going to try to explain the problem I am having and I hope someone can find a work around for me!
Years ago a logo was created in Signlab with a gradient in the text. We have done a whole fleet of vehicles with this logo printed directly from Signlab with no issues.
We are now creating a trailer wrap with this logo and it is printing differently when output from Illustrator. In Signlab the gradient prints very blue and coming from AI with the same color selections it comes out greenish.
I am not really sure how it ended up being created in Signlab in RGB but when I looked up the color swatches that is what I found. Even recreating them in AI with the exact RGB color profile they printed greenish.
At any rate I really do not want to have to print the logo/text separately and add over the rest of the print as I really hate doing that but I do need to make the colors match. So, If anyone has any words of wisdom on this issue I would greatly appreciate it! I have attached a photo of how the logo should look. Thank you to all of you printers who have the wisdom to fix this!
Please don't suggest doing the entire wrap in SL. There are several reasons that this is not the best fix. My designer does not have SL being the main one and SL does not handle large files as well as AI and this is a large wrap file. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• NL Logo JPG.png
    NL Logo JPG.png
    921.1 KB · Views: 317

tbullo

Superunknown
We use Signlab as well as AI. Without knowing your printing setup, I would try printing with profiles off and then on to see if thats the issue.

Gary Wiant

Unfortunately I cannot give you the exact answer you want / need but my suggestion is to print a few small samples and change the imputed & output profiles. Then if none of these give you the desired output convert the file to CMYK or RGB. Just because the profiles match doesn't mean the programs treat the profiles both exactly the same.

Also check these combinations with different profiles