• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Signmaker 4B updated?

amy s.

Does anyone know if the Signmaker 4B will communicate with my pc on anything newer that Windows XP? I haven't updated my pc because I need this 4B for cutting sandblast mask .....does a perfect job on that too so I'm adjusting my system down to accommodate. I have a Graphtec CE5000-60 but I don't believe it will be as dependable in cutting this thick, heavy mask like the sprocket driven 4b. o_O

WildWestDesigns

Would running XP in a VM be out of the question? If you still have the original install disc and activation number for XP that is.

Worse comes to worse anyway.

amy s.

Would running XP in a VM be out of the question? If you still have the original install disc and activation number for XP that is.

Worse comes to worse anyway.
I'm not that computer savy...vm is "virtual machine"? Yes, I have the disc and the install #.

WildWestDesigns

I'm not that computer savy...vm is "virtual machine"? Yes, I have the disc and the install #.

Yes, VM = Virtual Machine.

To me, worse comes to worse, if others say it needs XP, but you need to upgrade the computer system, I would look into VM as an option. It's just a last ditch effort in case people on here say that it needs XP or older for it to work.

Just my thoughts on it in case of needing a last ditch option.