• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs 101 Design Contest for New Federal Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
At the direction of the President by executive order, the Environmental Protection Agency (E.P.A.) has been instructed to create a new division to continue the work authorized by the Highway Beautification Act and promoted by Lady Bird Johnson in 1965. An initial operating budget of $2.5 billion has been earmarked and will be raised by the new Federal Sign Permit fees, licensing fees, and future fines levied on violators of any regulations issued by the new division.

The new division is to be known as the Bureau of Ugly Signs Takedown Enforcement Division (B.U.S.T.E.D.)

Initial plans call for opening of division offices in Washington D.C. as well as approximately 100 field offices. Hiring of approximately 1,000 B.U.S.T.E.D. field agents and an as of yet undetermined number of office workers and administrators has also been announced.

Signs 101 has been contacted by the E.P.A. to develop the full identity package for the new division including logo, mottoes, stationary, uniforms, signage and vehicles, etc.. Their only instructions are that the package is to be of the highest standards befitting the importance of the task to which they have been assigned. They have also indicated that submitters of accepted designs will be granted preference in production bidding that will be offered upon completion of the design phase.

We are, therefore, pleased to announce The Official B.U.S.T.E.D. Identity Package Design Contest.

The Rules

• Contestants must be members in good standing of Signs 101.
  • Contestants may enter as often as they like.
  • Entries, including all images, are to be posted to this thread.
  • Each entry is to be made all within a single post to be accepted for judging.
  • Duplicate entries are not permitted. Changes to an entry may be made by making a new post and submitting a request to an Admin for removal of any previous entry.
  • Judging to determine the winner, runner-up and second runner-up will be done by Signs 101 member voting.

Contest Dates

The Official B.U.S.T.E.D. Identity Package Design Contest begins with this post and all entries must be posted by midnight, Tuesday, September 2, 2014. Judging will begin on Wednesday, September 3, 2014 and will end at midnight, Friday, September 5, 2014.

Prizes

In addition to the previously noted E.P.A. bidding preference, the winner will receive a three year Signs 101 Premium Membership. The first runner-up will receive a two year Signs 101 Premium Membership and the second runner-up will receive a one year Signs 101 Premium Membership.

Additional Note

B.U.S.T.E.D. is a tongue-in-cheek figment of my imagination intended to be humorous. It is not real. The Official B.U.S.T.E.D. Identity Package Design Contest is, however, very real and intended to get creative juices flowing as well as be a fun event. Contestants are free to be creative in any way they may choose. Non-contestant posters are requested to not turn a fun event into a political shouting match. We reserve the right to remove any post that is, in management's sole judgment, political and/or offensive.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like fun
Can the 50+ yr. old members be "properly seated" instead of "in good standing" while participating?....

wayne k
guam usa

ddarlak

Go Bills!
To mimic a true government job I think you should extend the deadline to sometime in 2019 and raise the budget to 250 trillion.

Also we would need to infuse some pork into the project like Alaska's senator proposed agency to promote kindness to everyone, they will need logo's for the Juneau Organization to promote Kindness to Everyone, also known as JOKE and Ohio's project that Furthers the pursuit of Arts, called FARTS....

John Butto

finally

Some real retro, German 1940's and Russia 1950's, no cartoon with a wrench and no banners with limp nozzles.
Sign for building, podium and patch/letterhead/sticker for cars.

Attachments

• ugly2.jpg
    ugly2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 271
  • ugly3.jpg
    ugly3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 244
  • ugly.jpg
    ugly.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 262
  • wallsign.jpg
    wallsign.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 275
  • Embroidered Logo MockUp copy.jpg
    Embroidered Logo MockUp copy.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 235
  • bustedbadge.jpg
    bustedbadge.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 263
Last edited by a moderator:

Z SIGNS

Some real retro, German 1940's and Russia 1950's, no cartoon with a wrench and no banners with limp nozzles.
Sign for building, podium and patch/letterhead/sticker for cars.
Very nice John
I think they might have been installed prematurely.The actual logo has not been decided by the powers to be.
If this is not the real logo it's going to cost the taxpayers a lot of money to have Moze de install and install the correct one.

John Butto

The Power

Very nice John
I think they might have been installed prematurely.The actual logo has not been decided by the powers to be.
If this is not the real logo it's going to cost the taxpayers a lot of money to have Moze de install and install the correct one.
We have a phone and a pen, we do not need to wait to start. You will getting a notice from us in your inbox, by the way (BTW), for that badge you posted.

peavey123

Here is mine.

Attachments

• bustedvan.jpg
    bustedvan.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 260
  • busted_badge.png
    busted_badge.png
    395.9 KB · Views: 288
  • bustedcards.png
    bustedcards.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 280
My submission

Well, here's my submission. Coming up with a motto for a federal office in charge of removing ugly signs seemed to be the most challenging part of this. I came up with "Good signs are not ugly. Ugly signs are not good". Yeah, not the most creative, I know. Anyway, here's what I came up with for the design aspect.

Attachments

• Busted business card front SMALL.jpg
    Busted business card front SMALL.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 251
  • Busted business card back SMALL.jpg
    Busted business card back SMALL.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 265
  • Busted business cards stacked SMALL.jpg
    Busted business cards stacked SMALL.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 298
  • Busted logo badge SMALL.jpg
    Busted logo badge SMALL.jpg