• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small Cut Letters - Opinions on Vinyl/Paint/acrylic on face only

rossmosh

I have to cut some 2.5" letters out of 12mm PVC. Not a big deal but painting them afterwards is a pain. I always play with the idea of just putting viny/paint on the face and leaving the edge black or white, but I never do it. I did some searching around today and it seems like all the big guys don't want to paint unless you do a 4" letter or bigger.

I was wondering if there was a general consensus on leaving the edges unpainted and just addressing the face. Also, if you have larger letters next to it, would you paint them or treat them the same way just putting color on the face?

henryz

Interior or exterior? pvc tends to warp or bend if left unprotected for a long period. Painted acrylic letters by far but depending your capabilities and budget.