• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Squarespace question

Chuck Peterson

I know almost nothing about creating a webpage. I have just always avoided that. I had someone create my website back in the late 90s and have had her update it once in a while since then. I really need to be able to make changes myself, so I am considering Squarespace. I see tutorials online.

Before I go further I have two questions I can't find the answers to.

1. Can I use my existing domain name?

2.Can I create one new page for my existing site using Squarespace? Or do I have to start a whole new site from scratch? I think she used Dreamweaver.

Any help on this is appreciated.

visual800

yes, put dreamweaver on ebay for sale and go to wix.com (or any other diy webpage site) its simple its quick and its cheap. I dont think impressing others with a website is quite as important as it was thought to be 6 or 7 years ago. Mine is used simply for portfolio and even though its attached to my email signature hardly anyone goes to it

Chuck Peterson

Thanks,
I agree.

My questions are:

2.Can I create one new page for my existing site using Squarespace? Or do I have to start a whole new site from scratch? I think she used Dreamweaver.

I really just want to add a page or two and leave the rest as is for now.

Any help on this is appreciated.

shoresigns

Yes, you can.
Connecting a domain to your Squarespace site

No, you can't. Once you connect your domain name to your Squarespace account, it's no longer connected to your old web host where your old website resides. If you really need to have both websites running at the same time, you might be able to do it with subdomains, i.e. newsite.yourdomain.com and oldsite.yourdomain.com.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Be sure to update your Facebook and Google+ pages while you are at it! Good luck with the new site!

MatthewTimothy

yes, put dreamweaver on ebay for sale and go to wix.com (or any other diy webpage site) its simple its quick and its cheap. I dont think impressing others with a website is quite as important as it was thought to be 6 or 7 years ago. Mine is used simply for portfolio and even though its attached to my email signature hardly anyone goes to it

Hows your SEO though?

MatthewTimothy

You can use your own domain. but when I parse data from your site it already says you are using SquareSpace.

Any IDE is suitable but I prefer either Sublime Text 2 (free) or BBEdit (paid).

Another note, you should look into email encryption on your site as it sits your email address is subject to be harvested by a spam bot.

GB2

Old Member
Are you suggesting that using Squarespace does not give you the opportunity for good SEO?