• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange Metal Signs. What Kind Of Technology Is That?

nolanola

Hello.
We have been asked to provide an estimate for three similar signs.
I think: full color print, aluminum, cnc router, PVC letters,

Am I thinking in the right direction?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2194.JPG
    IMG_2194.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_2457.JPG
    IMG_2457.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_5430.JPG
    IMG_5430.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 553

boxerbay

interesting. your going to have to find a way to pound into the aluminum the leaf veins. maybe use a real branch under it and pound it with a rubber mallet?

Bigdawg

Just Me
That's going to be a sweet sign. I wouldn't use ultraboard or other laminated material for the lettering... I really think PVC would be the most appropriate material. Gatorboard, foamcore or ultraboard would make it look cheap (IMHO).

DerbyCitySignGuy

That's going to be a sweet sign. I wouldn't use ultraboard or other laminated material for the lettering... I really think PVC would be the most appropriate material. Gatorboard, foamcore or ultraboard would make it look cheap (IMHO).

Totally agree with you, but the pictures actually look like some kind of foam board to me (admittedly, I'm on a crummy monitor at the moment). Hard to tell for sure without getting in there on the edges.

henryz

I think you can make the background out of thin gauge aluminum or sheet metal and use a beam roller to create the veins in the leaf. Letters can be foam or pvc.

Billct2

I agree looks like sheet metal. I would finish with paint, you could even use a high quality rattle can paint , like Montana.
Letters in pvc.
Don't like the mounting method, why not just two holes? I wonder if the leaf was bought and made into a sign.