• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestion for my vinyl selection.

JSG_Visuals

I am a small startup offering custom decals, for window, wall, and electronics application. I am looking for suggestions on vinyl to purchase, as of now I am keeping it simple with a need for just one roll of black and one roll of white, both 30in x ANY YD amount. I will not be printing on this, it will solely be used in a cutter.
I am just now launching my own company and cost is something I would like to keep down, but not enough to receive a sub par product. I am very interested in a removable, calendared vinyl. especially Oracal631, my question is if anyone has suggestion of other distributors or vendors that have a product that is similar to the Oracal631. My main thing is I want to offer my customers is the decal having the ability to be removed after time with ease and little to no adhesive left behind after the removal. I have worked with vinyl where once the adhesive side touches the surface its being applied to it so hard to make even a minor adjustment. I also would like to keep in mind that I will be offering this vinyl to be applied to painted walls and I would like something that wont remove the paint off the walls when removed. I Understand a lot goes into the person who is removing it and the care they use. Any distributor or vendor suggestions that might offer a sample would be awesome.

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
"Wanna"? You "wanna"? Once might be an affectation but twice is inexcusable. What are you, about 14 years old?

ikarasu

"Wanna"? You "wanna"? Once might be an affectation but twice is inexcusable. What are you, about 14 years old?

How old are you, 60? It's in the dictionary now ;)

wanna - definition of wanna in English | Oxford Dictionaries

I am a small startup offering custom decals, for window, wall, and electronics application. Im am looking for suggestions on vinyl to purchase, as of now I am keeping it simple with a need for just one roll of black and one roll of white, both 30in x ANY YD amount. I will not be printing on this, it will solely be used in a cutter.
I am just now launching my own company and cost is something i would like to keep down, but not enough to receive a sub par product. I am very interested in a removable, calendared vinyl. especially Oracal631, my question is if anyone has suggestion of other distributors that have a product that is similar to the Oracal631. My main thing is I want to offer my customers is the decal having the ability to be removed after time with ease and little to no adhesive left behind after the removal. I have worked with vinyl where once the adhesive side touches the surface its being applied to it so hard to make even a minor adjustment. I also would like to keep in mind that I will be offering this vinyl to be applied to painted walls and I would like something that wont remove the paint off the walls when removed. I Understand a lot goes into the person who is removing it and the care they use. Any distributor suggestions that might offer a sample would be awesome.
You're going to want to use Cast. It's a bit more expensive, but it'll last longer, won't shrink, and the cost difference isn't too much. It's generally a better product - Our shops won't even touch calendared anymore.

3M, Avery, Oracle are all decent brands. I doubt you'll find a supplier who will give you samples, unless you have a previous relationship with them. You can buy 12" x 12" sheets for pretty cheap, use them as your samples - Just google 12 x 12 vinyl, lots of sites sell it for cricut machines.

bob

A dictionary is descriptive, not definitive, and provides nothing more that descriptions of usage of which the editors were aware at the time the dictionary was published. That a word is 'in the dictionary' might win you a challenge in a rousing rubber of Scrabble but it means little else. There's all manner of linguistic silliness that's 'in the dictionary'. That should never be taken as license to actual use any of these words and thereby look like a semi-literate buffoon. Nor as authority to argue the case of some other buffoon that has used them.

JSG_Visuals

A dictionary is descriptive, not definitive, and provides nothing more that descriptions of usage of which the editors were aware at the time the dictionary was published. That a word is 'in the dictionary' might win you a challenge in a rousing rubber of Scrabble but it means little else. There's all manner of linguistic silliness that's 'in the dictionary'. That should never be taken as license to actual use any of these words and thereby look like a semi-literate buffoon. Nor as authority to argue the case of some other buffoon that has used them.
There should be a forum titled "Response Banter". All this takes away from the question at hand of the thread. I corrected my grammar.

Marlene

are you making lettering for walls? "Live, Love, Puke" kind of things? they make a removable vinyl for those kinds of things. not sure myself jsut what kidn it is but I would look into finding our if that is what you plan on doing. low tack vinyls made for signs still can lift paint.

studio 440

if you have no print ability and you only have a cutter then 631 is your best bet for temporary signs but any vinyl left for too long is hard to remove

Grafix

Agree with studio 440. Oracal 631 is best for this scenario. We produce lots of cut graphics for clients walls who all want them to remove easily. Never gonna happen that easily and we always ensure they know that this is the best vinyl for the least damage but the final outcome depends on their paint quality and how long the decal has been on the wall. NEVER promise clean removal.

bob

Why do so many people on here think they're demigods?!

Either be helpful or quite.

'Quite'? It would seem that the various gods of perversity and perhaps irony are ever on duty.

Here's how it works kid. When it's your turn to post you get to post whatever it might please you to post. When it's my turn to post I get to post whatever it might please me to post. If it's helpful, fine. If it's not helpful, fine. They're just words sport.

Pippin Decals

Sheesh....... I'm gonna hafta watch what I write now. :bookworm

Lol... Ya but what you write is funny.. BOB who appears to be a " A&#H^*^) seems like the only thing he is a
"Major Contributor" according to his time in the group,only offers headache and poor advice to people who need help...You you dont have QUALITY INFO to offer to someone in need ,Why even add more blisters to your fingers by responding ...I guess the only thing he is good for is his fingers..Probably the most workout he gets in a week is using his fingers in his play time... Your a douche.. And if i get kicked from here, its no loss,Just about everytime i have a question, someone like him comes along and is a D$*K. Except GINO ,Gino Is a GREAT guy And helps......So i tend to stay on my other forum im part of because they are actually helpful without AS$MUNCH remoarks from the peanut gallery..Have a GREAT DAY,,,HI GINO LOL..

Maybe a few people from should come over to Uscutter forum and LEARN how a forum is supposed to help people and not rip them apart.... This never happens over there. and they are a FREE Forum with no limitations who doesnt require money to get attacked or get great Professional help...

Last edited:

Pippin Decals

JSG_Visuals
Go with the oracal 631.In oracal I use 631,751,951 etc and love their products.. As long as the proper paint is used on the walls first it will hold and will also come off when needed.. Just in case if you didnt know, If the marker resistant paint etc is used ,there is a high chance it will fall off,,So make sure to either find out or do a test piece first....