• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summasign D1300 Pro, Can It Be Used Today?

kanini

I might have the chance maybe to pick up a SummaSign D1300 Pro for cheap. Machine looks great, works but can you use it anymore today in regards of drivers etc.? Would be used as an extra cutter at times. What's it worth roughly, don't know the specific year but the model was sold 1996-2004. Thanks for all input, especially if you can use it with todays computers.

hcardwell93

I use a D750 of that era and it works great and makes me lots of money. I have an old netbook with Windows 7 velcroed to the top connected via the Summa serial cable and a Keyspan usb adapter. I use Winplot to cut with and the setup works great.

timgo

Graphics Designer
I might have the chance maybe to pick up a SummaSign D1300 Pro for cheap. Machine looks great, works but can you use it anymore today in regards of drivers etc.? Would be used as an extra cutter at times. What's it worth roughly, don't know the specific year but the model was sold 1996-2004. Thanks for all input, especially if you can use it with todays computers.

I've sent you a PM.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I think (not 100%) this used a com port- as long as you can get an adapter, I'd imagine you could get it to work.

hcardwell93

Here is a photo of my setup. I don't connect the netbook to the net, I just transfer files with the jump stick.

From my research this is the most reliable USB/Serial converter. Just make sure you install the Keyspan driver on your machine or it won't read.

Go to the Summa support website to download Winplot and applicable drivers.

Attachments

• 20170415_101550.jpg
    20170415_101550.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 461
  • 20170415_130010.jpg
    20170415_130010.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 280

kanini

Thank you all for all the replies, I'll see what we und up with dealwise if I get the cutter or not, good to know there's a few out there still, I know it's kind of old but I'm impressed with the Summa quality so I have no doubts on the cutter in that aspect.
Thanks for the pics and info of the nice setup hcardwell93!