• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The most overused font in 2013 is.....

Kaiser

Looks like Photoshopped with an outer glow effect.
not-sure-if-govt-or-criminal1-601x264.jpg

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
You know, 5 months later ... I don't think I have an issue with lobster. as I've seen the tv ads by companies, but that is it. The one that is going the rounds over here is letterhead fonts walldog ... in the last 3 months i've seen it more than brush script. I don't know what shop is doing it ... but they need to stop. It doesn't go with lawn mowing companies and bicycle repair AND handyman jobs AND burritos! That and the AC/DC font ... driving me nuts.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I wouldnt classify myself as a graphic designer. I just know my way around alot of software pretty well.
Im a better photographer than I am a designer but even I have an eye for whats good, whats bad and whats plain kitsch for the lack of a better word.
Any which way, I wouldnt be able to sell shoes for the life of me.
Those escalators look pretty good though. Was the girl shopped in or is that just bad lighting?

Looks like Photoshopped with an outer glow effect.

You're both wrong. :Big Laugh It's just her glowing personality and she radiates it to everyone. Doesn't she look like she just loves her job ?? Showing people to the up stairs and the down stairs. Housewares, bath towels and lingerie to your right. Lamps, dinnerware and spatulas to your left. She has to memorize your left to her right and say it while still gesturing in the correct opposite direction. That takes practice.

:ROFLMAO: Of course it's shopped in. Where would you find something so stoopid by me fitting the very example I mentioned ?? I wanted to give her an outstanding... beauteous... angelic effect. :rolleyes:

rjssigns

meh...

Overused or not it makes my job so much easier when a client says: "I absolutely have to have this font".

I gave up a long time ago. I'm in the business to make money not be the "taste" police.

This point was driven home recently in a most memorable(expensive) way.

Don't get me wrong though. When the client gives this dog enough chain I do nice work. Most of the time though this dog ain't allowed to leave the porch.

acothran

Bleeding Cowboy....still!

Lobster and Mission Script are used too much but they don't make me nauseous like Bleeding Cowboy.

In addition to graphics, I work with a touring band and in concert production. If a band has an electric guitar, they have a logo in Bleeding Cowboy.

Allen