• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking of buying the SignWarehouse Vehicle Wrap Kit

SignManiac

I'm just happy to see that (he does get it). I would be glad to see him find a legitimate wholesale source that can provide him with a product that benefits his real company, while not undermining those of us who have to make a living at this so we can feed our families and snakes. I accept his apology!

SignManiac

This just goes to prove, that through real communication, We can resolve our differences and find a real solution to problems we encounter on a day to day basis.

Mosh

He manned up. I lost two of my biggest accounts this year to "in-house" printing. The stuff they have been putting out is a joke and I hope to soon get them back because of this!

iSign

This just goes to prove, that through real communication, We can resolve our differences and find a real solution to problems we encounter on a day to day basis.

yep... real communication, coupled with the tools to pull the plug on the guy who needs a little help understanding... and we can find a solution :Big Laugh

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sweet!

This thread should be a sticky!

guido.gif
Now why didn't I think of that? Consider it done!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thankyou:
I like what he wrote and it’s a shame it took so much shaking him up to finally have him come to his senses, but why do I feel I just read a letter from Wiley Coyote ?? help please.jpg

The reason we wholesale to other sign shops and retail customers is to help those that don’t have the necessities to do business, but are true business partners. Being around this industry for almost 40 years… you tend to see and hear all of the greatest lines and BS you can imagine. As the saying goes around here…. you have to start somewhere and WE all did. Although tom has apologized, he still is going to get a wholesale price from someone and I don’t know if he absolutely qualifies for that, either.

We [in our shop] give discounts to most everyone that does repeat business with us, but if an ad agency only does a few jobs a year, they don’t qualify for the guy that gets three jobs a month. We only wholesale good prices to s101…. all other local shops get a discount, but not what we give here. Also, some high end customers get a very nice discount, but again, it’s based on volume.
I just hope no one drops their prices to someone…. anyone….. just because they promise some work that might not materialize. Remember, he said things about their plan and it SHOULD work and if things go the way they FIGURE…. they’ll be doing a lot. It’s all in the planning stages. So folks…. maybe this doesn’t pertain to tom, but be careful giving discounts based on empty promises. :thumb:

Mainframe

:omg2: HE FINALLY GOT IT!:clapping: Took some doins though, good job 101ers
You got the message across, apology accepted.

cdiesel

Gino makes some really good points. Wholesale and retail (read end user) no matter how much they buy, are two totally different things!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Gino makes some really good points. Wholesale and retail (read end user) no matter how much they buy, are two totally different things!

Yes, but there's also an in between category we refer to as OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer). This is a discount we give to major customers who are making our graphics part of something they are then selling to others. This might be labels on a machine or graphics on an aircraft.

While this discount is a bit variable based on volume of an order, it is about half the discount (from suggested retail) that we give to a true wholesale client such as a sign company.

Whether wholesale or OEM, the justification for the discount is the time saved in marketing and file creation, potential repeats, and volume of the orders as compared to a typical retail client.

Hey I have a Mutoh 1614 64" , with 65" laminator and 64" Plotter that I bought less than a year ago that I need to sell ASAP. I will take 16K for everything. It was bought from SW and is still under warranty. That is half the price that I bought it for.

cgozza

I too am getting into the wraps. I just purchased the new HP L25500 54" latex printer and a cutter & laminator. (didn't even receive them yet). All together it is costing me around $36,000. I did a lot of research and can tell you a few things I learned - latex inks are the latest ink technology, the entire set-up down to the materials, inks and even the machine are recyclable - that may not be of a concern for you for your purpose. Re: laminators, it's a good idea to research your laminators before buying or you will have a headache if you get a cheap one. It pays to buy a really good one because it will give you years of solid quality output. Re: wrapping - it is essential to have a vehicle template software or you will spend hours on end measuring and designing your wrap. I am buying The Bad Wrap software - it's around $795. I got a lot of useful information from Matt, Advantage Sign Supply. It would be worth it for you to give him a call 616.656.1290. Tell him I sent you - Christine of Gozza Graphics. They have great customer service and very knowledgeable techs - something I can't say about Sign Warehouse, which I've used for equipment and supplies in the past - even they're techs couldn't give me reliable information on supplies & materials whenever I called.

CheapVehicleWrap

3 posts in nearly 7 years? Shee, I was about to welcome you. Personally I would have gone with a 64". The post right above yours from SFWraps is a super deal, maybe you can add that soon once you get rolling. It'll use quite a bit less power and you'll soon appreciate the extra 10 inches as well as many more media choices. There's allot of work in the city. Best!

B Snyder

I did a lot of research and can tell you a few things I learned - latex inks are the latest ink technology, the entire set-up down to the materials, inks and even the machine are recyclable - that may not be of a concern for you for your purpose.

How will you be recycling your materials?

CheapVehicleWrap

How will you be recycling your materials?

I assume you can remove the ink or just re-print over it. Maybe hp buy's it back? I'm as stumped as you, but I didn't want you holding your breath for an answer.

One has to think that when a manufacturers selling point is how well that particular machine is going to rest in the landfill....

B Snyder

I can't wait to hear what sort of info the salesman provided regarding recycling the materials. My father owns a paper shredding business....it's hard enough to get shredded paper recycled, let alone a PVC film with a solvent based acrylic adhesive.