• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Third Issue With Our L560

jayhawksigns

When profiling you have to do each setting for the correct method but typically we profile the most common one and copy for different pass settings as needed. I was always told to profile these with the door open, is that not correct?
That's true, but the color calibration the printer ask for on occasion, typically by saying the current one is obsolete, doesn't ask for what pass count you want it ran at. As for the door, no idea, it wasn't told to me one way or the other.

jayhawksigns

So. . . . . we are waiting. on some committee in Barcelona to decide what is going to happen with out printer.

HP (America) has stated that they have replaced every part that would have something to do with the maintenance kit and printhead carriage movement and have no idea what else they can do to fix the issue. They have put in, a week ago now, a request for replacement and it seems that it now sits in Barcelonas' hands. The same office that tried to claim that they did nothing with the version 4 firmware that would cause the printers to hard fault rather then show an error but continue to print, and later (from what I was told) admitted to doing as such.

Our Konica-Minolta digital printer has an unusual bug too that they can't seem to figure out. Maybe its just something about Kansas,

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Click your heels 3 times and say, there's no place like home.....................

Actually, I think you have enough time and effort in this to demand a replacement and right away or you will be forced to take other measures which will cost them, since they are not addressing your problems with any fixes. They are playing with your livelihood.

Do you have business interruption insurance ??

jayhawksigns

Maybe somebody figured after having a blowout on our crane truck yesterday we needed a break. Supplier just called and HP approved the new unit, don't have a delivery date just yet, but it's coming.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Christian @ 2CT Media

Maybe somebody figured after having a blowout on our crane truck yesterday we needed a break. Supplier just called and HP approved the new unit, don't have a delivery date just yet, but it's coming.

Great news!

We just literally signed a contract for a FB750 so we are excited to expand out HP printer line.

jayhawksigns

So, FedEx Freight throws out dates with no idea if they can actually manage delivering it by then. Three days after the original stated delivery date our printer was delivered. Problem being, Grimco didn't want to commit a tech to drive in until the printer was delivered, and when it comes in after noon there isn't time to get someone over. So its in, and since I was out of the office everyday but Tuesday last week, install got pushed back to today. Tech gets here, starts unboxing since I wasn't going to do it twice, and he is specifically told to NOT use the stupid bolt lift thing HP devised for getting the printer off of the shipping skid. First side, bolt gets screwed up and we have to break off the top half and cut off the bottom. Already feel like we are not going to be getting away from issues with these HP printers.

ericm

If you find yourself worrying about the 2 feet or so of material that is coming out of the machine you're not charging enough !!!!!!

jayhawksigns

So, the tech may of screwed up the printer.

Don't know if having Nexus firmware on a thumbdrive that was plugged into the back of a printer that need Storm firmware can cause it, but that's what he did and we are once again, on the install day of a L560, waiting on an HP tech to come in and fix something.

jayhawksigns

So, I have a box sitting here with our replacement SSD. Got an email this morning at 6:38 with the subject stating Work Order Re-scheduled. So, we go from Tuesday (which apparently was a misunderstanding between our supplier and HP) to today, and now, who knows when. No one has yet to call us back with any definitive information.

Five minutes, that is all it would take to remove what ten screws tops, probably less then that since they sent the drive in another carrier so you don't even have to swap those. Five minutes and I could at least have our printer up and running.

Sure its going to come back to, "Oh, we couldn't confirm that the parts would actually be on site today so we had to reschedule". Then don't have the parts set to be delivered the day you set the service call for. Just give me the service manual and I'll be fine on my own.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You are a very patient fellow. Keep up the good work. I'm sure it will pay off for you. :thumb:

Christian @ 2CT Media

HP service since the 500 series release has been really lacking. It's a love hate relationship that we have with them right now.

Btw the SSD / HDD is super simple to change out.

jayhawksigns

The 500 shares a lot with the 300 series, but I guess just enough different to cause issues. Down in the SE corner of Kansas, the tech from Arkansas is the only guy within driving distance with any training on the 500s.

Good news though, tech will be in this afternoon, next 20 minutes or so. I actually don't mind this guy.

jayhawksigns

Back to bad news again. They are going to have to replace other electronics that have failed or will not reset due to the bad firmware flash. Based on the time of day, figure we are probably going to be without the new printer until Monday. Have to see how quickly they can get parts shipped out.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

jayhawksigns

Last word from the HP tech, there's no way to know what remote sensors are now fouled up and would recommend demanding a new unit from our supplier.

Bly

Wow good luck.
After being burnt once by HP I would never again have only one of their printers.
If you get a good one they are fabulous workhorses.
We have a 25500 and two 360s.
One of the 360s has had a couple of problems although easily fixed under warranty.
It still takes nearly an hour some days to wake up despite a couple of service calls for the issue.

jayhawksigns

Hopefully these updates will be coming to a close soon.

A new printer is being shipped in. Based on the last shipment, I don't expect it until Tuesday or Wednesday. When it arrives, either myself or an HP tech will be setting it up. Fingers crossed that this will finally put this issue to bed.

On a side note, didn't think we would be to the point where we would have 3 L560s in our office an one time for a little while, too bad they are not all pumping out jobs.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly