• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This font has me stumped

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Anybody recognize it?

Attachments

• hivo sign rs.jpg
    hivo sign rs.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 297

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Here's the Broadway font character set with the example text also shown. As you can see there are numerous differences. So many that it seems doubtful that it is a modified version of Broadway.

The example font certainly has some similarities and may have been inspired by Broadway but there it is decorating a national park ..... so one might conclude that it was done from a font that should be commercially available.

Attachments

• hivo.jpg
    hivo.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 246

Roy Frisby

Maybe it's an older letter that was made by Spanjer Bros.
I ran across that same letter style on a school name change
job a while back. We just ordered all new letters from
another mfg. since Spanjer Bros. in no longer in business and
that particular letter style couldn't be found.

Shovelhead

The "P" and the "R" don't look right at all......

...betcha it is BROADWAY with fattened strokes and modifired
"P" and "R"

Baz

I cant find it in what i got ... but damn ... im sure i saw that font before .. a long time ago ... when i was working with Graphix Advantage ... Look up old Gerber fonts if you can.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've been through all the Gerber fonts as well so save your time on that. Even had a buddy dig out an old Spanger Bros. catalog and it wasn't in their offerings.

The sign is more than 20 years old so it may have its origins in photo type rather than digital anyway.

Baz

Oh my god!

Get out the 'ol projector ... dust it off ... do allot of photocopies, cut out each individual letter, set your type ... then blow up your patern ... Trace it out with a pencil ... transfer the patern onto the substrate with carbon paper ... then hand cut it or letter it !!!

LOL!! damn im happy we dont have to go through that anymore!!

So you better find that font!!! :biggrin: