• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trade Show Booth

CanuckSigns

Hello:

I don't do many tradeshow graphics, but I have a client looking for a pop-up backdrop wall. I found a wholesaler near us that we have used for other items and they also do tradeshow booths.

They just sent me a hard copy proof of the print, the graphics look great, but they are printed on photo paper, and laminated on the front only with a standard matte laminate, is that normal? I'm pretty sure it's usually a styrene type product.

Has anyone had experience with using laminated paper panels for this application? I'm worried about durability but maybe I'm worried about nothing?

Thanks
Scott

TSC1985

Does your client already have the frame or are you purchasing the set? We have done a few non-fabric backdrops and usually use 1mm Sintra or HIPS equivalent, that is what Orbus or Creative Banners uses for their kits.

CanuckSigns

The quote just states "laminated graphic panels" I assumed (incorrectly I guess) that they would use the industry standard material.

Company is Accenta Displays in case anyone is curious.

Johnny Best

If you used a good polycarbonate lexan overlam it would be alright with the paper, better protection, but like someone mentioned kind of flimsy, better than just plain lam on paper.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Ask the thickness on the lam. That's where the rigidity comes from. We print on "paper" (actually a polypropylene film) but laminate with a 10mil heavy laminate.