• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Ugh New 570, New Problems!

Christian @ 2CT Media

You really should be thinking about the big printers. One 3000 is way easier to manage and maintain and needs way less labor than 15 570's. Also the 3000 will need less space . And having 15 HP printers, What a tech nightmare!! That's 90 HP print heads that need to be working good!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its also less material waste, faster loading and unloading, Less after processing, and much less cost to stick with the 570s. You also don't need special equipment to load and unload rolls and 1 operator, once its in pace, can manage multiple machines vs requiring 2 for loading and unloading.

1 3200 can produce at this sellable quality roughly 150 linear feet in 1.25hrs x 2 rolls, just 5 570 machines outpace that for less than 1/3rd the cost and is less work space than a 3200 machine. There is also less down time if something should happen and faster recovery if a replacement is needed. And Loading/Unloading time is less than 3 minutes per machine vs 15+ and 2 people on the bigger ones.

This type of job is all about math and the bigger faster machines from HP don't add up for us.

Lets talk about heads for a second too, on this 200 roll job we factored for 4 complete head changes on 2 machines. We ended up with only 1 complete head change on 1 machine. Our heads averaged 35000ml of ink before replacement.... that would be easy peasy to manage on a larger scale.

• Agree
Reactions: BVG

ironchef

Nice. I just signed a p.o for a 570. I was also thinking did you have to laminate that large order? What vinyl did you use? Laminate? I was reading your older post about the 8508 lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Christian @ 2CT Media

Nice. I just signed a p.o for a 570. I was also thinking did you have to laminate that large order? What vinyl did you use? Laminate? I was reading your older post about the 8508 lol

There was no laminate on the large order, it was short term. For gloss and non cast we have switched to 3M 8048, so far it's been great and nothing has reared its ugly head yet. The 8508 was horrible for us and many others.

mu1638x

Thanks for posting this information. I'm running 3 Mutoh 1638x 20 hours a day 6 days a week and I'm looking for replacements. Nothing wrong with these machines and have been using them for 2 years with little issues. I've been working with HP to put together a custom profile but they just can't seem to get the HP570 to print as sharp as my Mutoh's. I run a 1080x1080 8 pass profile with 460 carriage speed. HP570 can't match the quality running a 10 pass. I can't decide if it's the heads or if I need to profile the machine myself. Any ideas? Someone suggested a OCE Colorado 1640. Anyone with info on this printer? We run our printers hard and need something that can hold up. Sounds like HP570 would break down on us fast.

ironchef

I agree on the lack of sharpness in the 500's. I think it's because it's printing bidirectional and I don't know how to make it go unidirectional. It's just too fast lol. Also it's kinda grainy if you look closely.