• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unleaded 1 Shot...

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I started pinstriping my new cargo van the other day with the current version of 1 Shot. It's a far cry from the paint I had the last time I striped a truck. When thinned and palleted out to brushing consistency it has no body to it. None of what the old timers called "ropiness". Maybe the Trump administration will let them put lead back in it?

I have a new fantasy now that I'm going to meet someone who says "my grampa was a signpainter. After he died we put a lock on his shop and there's hundreds of those little cans of paint in it. We need someone to haul it away". Would be a happy day for me!

I wish I would've taken my local 1 Shot supplier up on their offer years ago of $300 for the entire inventory in their store shelves and warehouse of 1 Shot before they had to remove it from the shelves. It would've been a near lifetime supply.

d fleming

I got lucky like that with a ton of multi purpose ink years ago. gallons upon gallons, lots unopened. Still working from it.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I've already lacquer thinnered off the first go round. Fighting the dang paint and double stroking lines isn't the look I wanted. I know a lot of guys who've striped with HOK urethanes and said the flat drying results looked okay. Don't really know about that but might give it a shot. Wish like all git out I could stumble across a retired sign painter with cans of the old 1 Shot in his garage! I'd hate to be full time sign painting for a living with it now. My small interior decor signs I sell at craft fairs are manageable with it but real full time production would be very unrewarding I think.

jimmysigns

I started pinstriping my new cargo van the other day with the current version of 1 Shot. It's a far cry from the paint I had the last time I striped a truck. When thinned and palleted out to brushing consistency it has no body to it. None of what the old timers called "ropiness". Maybe the Trump administration will let them put lead back in it?

I have a new fantasy now that I'm going to meet someone who says "my grampa was a signpainter. After he died we put a lock on his shop and there's hundreds of those little cans of paint in it. We need someone to haul it away". Would be a happy day for me!

I wish I would've taken my local 1 Shot supplier up on their offer years ago of $300 for the entire inventory in their store shelves and warehouse of 1 Shot before they had to remove it from the shelves. It would've been a near lifetime supply.

2 months ago I did exactly that, I bought over 300 qt. cans of the old one shot, all unopened cans, what a difference in the old verse the new oneshot. an old time sign painter passed and I bought it all from his wife. along with a few hundred brand new brushes as well. just opened a qt. of dark green today and painted a board, ahhh the old one shot smell. lol. it was like Christmas when I got back to my shop and saw what I got.