• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Versaworks 4.0 set up issue

okeesignguy

I tried to put this in the Software/Versaworks section but for some reason that section did not work right...

Got a new computer...Windows 7....
Installed Flexi 10 with no problems...
Installed Versaworks 4.0...

That's where the problem starts... View attachment 129329
I can send files from Flext to VW no problem....
Problem is sending them to the printer...
Printer is a Roland SP-540V....

In the Printer Settings I can not input the "New Printer"...(see picture)
For some reason there is a default printer showing...AJ-1000?
Clicking the "New Printer" button does nothing...

I still have my old computer running it and when I try it there I have no problem...
But in the new install I can not get the button to respond...

What am I missing here...?

Also...will my IP Address still be the same on the new computer...?
On the old one AND the printer it is 10 . 0 . 0 . 100...

As always, thank you very much for helping me!

imageserve.jpg

euronymous

I think you just have to click on the tcp/ip button and type in your IP, the software should automatically change it from AJ to SP-540

Hey okeesignguy,

VersaWorks will need to be initialized. The following information will guide you through the process:

Please note, any custom profiles created for VersaWorks will need to be saved before initializing. Please write down the printer’s IP address because you’ll have to enter it again after this process. Also, any jobs already in the queue will be deleted (not a major problem as you can add the jobs to the queue again)

Reboot/restart Windows and after the computer boots up, immediately initialize VersaWorks. To initialize the program, close VersaWorks, then click “Start > All Programs > Roland VersaWorks > Initialize Application”. Click the “Yes” button on the window that appears.

Finally, launch VersaWorks again and verify the printer.

If the above does not work, you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

okeesignguy

Hey okeesignguy,

VersaWorks will need to be initialized. The following information will guide you through the process:

Please note, any custom profiles created for VersaWorks will need to be saved before initializing. Please write down the printer’s IP address because you’ll have to enter it again after this process. Also, any jobs already in the queue will be deleted (not a major problem as you can add the jobs to the queue again)

Reboot/restart Windows and after the computer boots up, immediately initialize VersaWorks. To initialize the program, close VersaWorks, then click “Start > All Programs > Roland VersaWorks > Initialize Application”. Click the “Yes” button on the window that appears.

If the above does not work, you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Thank you very much for your help :)
When I tried your instructions it "kinda" worked...

The Advanced JET AJ-1000 is gone so it did something :)
However it will not show selections OR let me enter anything except the IP Address...

Does the printer have to be plugged in to the computer...?
(this is a new pc...NOT the one that the printer has been running on)

Does any printer software need to be installed for the VW to find...?

BTW.....I DID also submit an "official" support request... :)

Thank you!

Last edited:

okeesignguy

Hey okeesignguy,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Thank you very much for your help :)
When I tried your instructions it "kinda" worked...

The Advanced JET AJ-1000 is gone so it did something :)
However it will not show selections OR let me enter anything except the IP Address...

Does the printer have to be plugged in to the computer...?
(this is a new pc...NOT the one that the printer has been running on)

Does any printer software need to be installed for the VW to find...?

Thank you!

Hey okeesignguy,

Thanks for submitting a support request, we're sure our techs will reply to your submission (if they haven't already). As for the statement and questions above, we'll respond to each.

"The Advanced JET AJ-1000 is gone so it did something :)
However it will not show selections OR let me enter anything except the IP Address..."

That's correct, your SP-540v is an Ethernet device and you need to enter the printer's IP address into VersaWorks to verify the printer. There will not be a drop-down "selection" to choose from, you have to add the IP manually.

"Does the printer have to be plugged in to the computer...?"

The printer must be powered on and connected to your network so VersaWorks can verify the printer at whatever IP address you assigned to the printer.

"Does any printer software need to be installed for the VW to find...?"

We suspect you're wondering if a printer driver needs to be installed, and we can confirm for you "no", not necessary. Since this is an Ethernet device, VersaWorks only needs an IP address to use and to communicate with the printer.

Thanks for reaching out again and take care!

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

okeesignguy

Well....thanx to your help this issue has been resolved...
Ended up on the phone with Roland tech yesterday...four calls...
It appears that there was no simple answer...
There were files to download and IP addresses to be changed and synced etc but it is done! woo hoo!

Now to get it to cut vinyl with my Anagraph plotter! LOL

Thanx again for your help!