• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Dual is Double Cutting Cutlines

splizaat

Hey Guys!
We're dabbling with the new Versaworks Dual lately, mostly loading files with transparencies or if regular Versaworks will not recognize the cutline for whatever reason.

We're finding that files that have any transparencies are DOUBLE CUTTING along the cut line. For some reason, Versaworks Dual IS recognizing the cut line, but it's cutting twice (or it's cutting the inside of the cut line and the outside of the cut line - 1px stroke, eps from illustrator). All of the stickers end up with a paper thin strip of vinyl that can be pulled out from around each sticker...

Is anyone else noticing this?

Hey splizaat,

You're correct in mentioning the association between transparencies and cutting paths. Using Adobe Illustrator, the following should resolve this issue:

Open the file in Illustrator and immediately move the CutContour path to its own layer (and that layer must be the top-most layer).

Now, save the file as an .EPS, clicked the OK button when prompted about transparencies, under the EPS options there’s a transparency section, I clicked on the “custom” button, removed the check mark for “Convert All Strokes to Outline”, clicked OK, then proceeded to save the file and add it to VersaWorks.

The cutting path should be recognized just fine and not double-cut.

However, If the cutting path is still not recognized or double-cuts, it’s likely related to a file construction issue. We have a video that trains on the proper method to adding the CutContour path to the artwork file. Check out the video here:

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Lamb

As a new Roland owner, I had the same problem. Not sure about the layer part, but mine was due to adjusting stroke to interior/exterior. Took me a while, but doing that change in stroke path was the problem. Now when creating a cutline, I leave it at the default center. Hope this helps someone else.