• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS540i Light Cyan Dropping

splizaat

Hey Guys -
I'm having an issue with the light cyan channel in our VS540i dropping in the front half. It's been about half as bad as this for the last month or two....and now it seems to have gotten worse. I have tried a medium clean and the results are the same.

Any ideas? Possible it's a cap top even tho it's one big cap top? Possible a damper? It's in the same spot every time...

Attachments

• IMG_6693.JPG
    IMG_6693.JPG
    507.9 KB · Views: 230
Hey splizaat,

The photo you've provided shows nozzle dropout and there are a few things you can do before having to call your authorized Roland dealer for service. What you can do is a maintenance cleaning on the printer (using the foam swabs and cleaning liquid), followed by 1-2 powerful cleanings (since you've already performed medium cleaning without change).

If the issue continues, please call your dealer to schedule inspection and service.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

splizaat

Update:: Noticed the white head (far right, unseen in photo) is also dropping exact same lines as the light cyan channel.

splizaat

White and Light Cyan continue to drop out on exact same lines of the print channels. So far:

-New Cap
-5 manual head soaks (lint free cloth on cap soaked in cleaner fluid for 30min each, test print, repeat)

No change....new head looks like it's in my future. I just can't see the EXACT same lines missing from white and light cyan without it being something other than a print head. What are the chances the same lines aren't firing from two separate channels?

Also the missing print lines are far WORSE now and light C and White are less than 50% capable now.

splizaat

This is now the current test print in 1.5months since first post.

Attachments

• IMG_6958.JPG
    IMG_6958.JPG
    261.6 KB · Views: 115

Joe House

If you're sure the cap top is installed correctly and the head and cap top are free of any ink buildup and there are no scratch marks on the bottom of the head, the next step would be to try damper(s), then a new head. (Though in my experience, the dampers on the VS series heads don't clog up nearly as much as the older ones did.) Good luck

Mervin

Pls check dampers capping also if there is air in the ink tube

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

splizaat

No scratch marks on the head, new cap station. Tech came out and installed new dampers first - no go. Left with new head and we're back up...Damn!