• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Wallpaper, Do I Need Full Bleed? On The Latex 360; Onyx Rip

Jaide

My wallpaper people, whats your process to print wallpaper??

I am going crazy trying to figure this out. We are just getting into wall coverings and I really need some direction.
For reference, I am using the Latex 360, HP PVC-Free Wallpaper, and the Onyx RIP.

I have the files panelled, but when I go to print them, they print with a margin. An HP rep told me to select the media size in Onyx as (size)":NM. Well it didnt work and no one ANYWHERE seems to have any more information.
Am I to print without a margin and trim?? I do not have a trimmer that size!

Someone please guide me because I have no idea what I am doing LOL
TIA!

CanuckSigns

If I I derstand you correctly, you are trying to print right to the edge do you don't have to trim the graphics after they are printed?

If so, it's not going to happen, even if the printer is capable of printing to the edge, if there is any drift in the media your panels won't line up.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The HP Latex 360 and up you can print this borderless. You need to swap in the ink tray and select edge to edge printing when loading the material. In onyx choose the no margin media size and it should give you .125" overprint.

sonia

My wallpaper people, whats your process to print wallpaper??

I am going crazy trying to figure this out. We are just getting into wall coverings and I really need some direction.
For reference, I am using the Latex 360, HP PVC-Free Wallpaper, and the Onyx RIP.

I have the files panelled, but when I go to print them, they print with a margin. An HP rep told me to select the media size in Onyx as (size)":NM. Well it didnt work and no one ANYWHERE seems to have any more information.
Am I to print without a margin and trim?? I do not have a trimmer that size!

Someone please guide me because I have no idea what I am doing LOL
TIA!
I recommend you to read this article on the Latex Knowldge Center Wallcovering Printing tips and tricks.

Jaide

The HP Latex 360 and up you can print this borderless. You need to swap in the ink tray and select edge to edge printing when loading the material. In onyx choose the no margin media size and it should give you .125" overprint.

When I do this, somehow the printer still defaults to having a margin. I've tried moving the substrate in the machine
I recommend you to read this article on the Latex Knowldge Center Wallcovering Printing tips and tricks.

Would you suggest that I trim the margins myself rather than print full bleed? If so, whats the best way to trim them? I do not have a fotoba cutter and don't plan to invest in one anytime soon.