• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch SoftRIP

Jim Hill

I have a Roland SP-300 that I have owned for years and it works perfectly but my problem is that I am still using ColorRip software and since there are no upgrades any longer I have to use Windows XP to run it.

I am thinking of purchasing Wasatch SoftRIP which would allow me to use Windows 7 or 10

I believe that my SP-300 printer is able to use Windows 7 or 10 now but I cannot switch because of ColorRip not having any updated drivers.

ColorRip has worked very well for me and I have never had any problems with it.

I would like to hear from others who are using Wasatch SoftRIP or their other software products on their opinions on the software.

Thanks Jim

WildWestDesigns

If you have an install disc with serial number for XP, you could run it in a VM and thus still be able to use your old RIP, while still getting a current computer system.

All of my workflow is either running VMs or using WINE to run some programs direct (those that will easily run under WINE that is).

Most VM software support XP direct. If you get either Pro, Ultimate, or Enterprise of Win 7, you can run XP mode that way as they offer a fully licensed copy of XP to us within Virtual PC (MS' VM software).

As long as your computer is spec'ed out for it, it's a great workflow to have. I run everything from Win 98 to 8.1 via VM.

WildWestDesigns

Could you explain what is VM ?

Did you mean VW for VersaWorks ?

Thanks Jim

VM = Virtual Machine

It's essentially running one OS within another. For instance, I have Linux installed directly on the computer hardware, but I use VirtualBox to create a VM of Vista (I use Virtual PC within Vista to run Win 98 since Win 98 isn't officially supported by VirtualBox), Win 7 and Win 8.1.

So I'm able to run programs that run in those OSs all within a Linux rig. Now, I don't run more then one main VM at a time (the technical exception is the Vista VM that also run a VM of Win 98, ironically Win 98 still runs like native because it's supported doing it that way versus running Win 98 directly in it's own VM through VirtualBox).

Attachments

• VM.jpg
    VM.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 110