• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

website self-design page

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
Hello and happy friday!

As the title suggests, does anyone have any luck or know where i can look at "customer buildable designing" templates for our own websites? i would love to allow build to order purchasing right online!

Thanks!

Christopher

nashvillesigns

i am pretty sure godaddy isn't going to have that.

its like the one on Signs.com..
you can upload, design and stuff..

i would like customers to design stuff for themselves and them email it to us..

chris

Brink

For you to host as a website or for you to print? Because web graphics are not near high enough resolution for you to be printing large sizes from.

thewvsignguy

We had this for about 2 years and worked okay. https://www.colorsxpress.com/

The cost vs. the return was not so good for us and that is why we stopped using it. Plus stupid people can't spell so beware of the people that will blame you or it was the software's fault for misspellings.... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

DerbyCitySignGuy

You want the customer to be able to design a sign within the browser, then have that design either quoted or purchased directly from the website?

You're probably not going to be able to find something like that anywhere on the web for free (I could be wrong though). The folks at signs.com most likely paid a web developer a lot of money to set that up.

nashvillesigns

signs.com probably paid a lot for that option. which is why i fail to understand how their prices are very competitive.

i would love to set up the design aspect for customers. i am re-building my website via adobe muse. i want to make sure i cover all my bases..

i am still trying to figure out if i should even sell stock items from there.

christopher

floater302

There isnt no just download program to do that, you would have to hire a company to program it for you, and like the other person said if they screw up something its always your fault, I have always said costumers stupidity costs me money.

rossmosh

signs.com probably paid a lot for that option. which is why i fail to understand how their prices are very competitive.

i would love to set up the design aspect for customers. i am re-building my website via adobe muse. i want to make sure i cover all my bases..

i am still trying to figure out if i should even sell stock items from there.

christopher

If they do hundreds of thousands of signs a year and they can eliminate 1-2 graphic designers as the customers are doing 90% of the heavy lifting, it will pay for that website within 12 months if not less. The math isn't difficult when you're high volume. The issue is when you're low volume and trying to increase volume, how do you justify the expense.

As mentioned, there are design web "plugins". None are going to be free. Most are going to cost you ~$1000/yr. There are certain free or cheap options for Wordpress out there if you search enough but you'll likely have to do a decent amount of tweaking. You may be able to contact the designer to do the tweaks for you for a reasonable fee.

Pippin Decals

Hello and happy friday!

As the title suggests, does anyone have any luck or know where i can look at "customer buildable designing" templates for our own websites? i would love to allow build to order purchasing right online!

Thanks!

Christopher

Im currently working with a guy that is making one for me , but its going to be real basic,after many months of talking with my customers , i ran several things by them to what they wanted to see ,how simple to use,no clutter and not confusing when it came to wanting lettering made..So mine will be based using oracal material since thats what i use... FIRST The customer can choose 631,651,751,951 etc . 2nd they choose the color by actually seeing the correct color chip, then they type in the size of area their lettering will roughly be Like 4"Tall x56"long....3rd they decide as a guess how complex it will be ,simple,easy,moderate etc. then the calculator gives them a rough cost.If they like it then they call me or email me....... Since im going to have the rights as owner of this , i might be wanting to sell the info for anyone who would want it for thier website at very LOW generous price..ive got around 600 so far into and i might be trying to add anothre feature as well but depends on what it will cost me total....it will be editable , you will be able to change the cost per sq in or per sq foot( not sure what its going to be set as yet) you will be able to change the complexity values as well..

alphasigns

There's a few

There are a few options for stuff like that, they are a bit of a pain to get setup and running through. And they don't really "integrate" with your site. I was reading about 2 of them, on is coming out soon, m6displays.com, it's supposed to have a web store that integrates with your website and has a product creator (I signed up for the beta program). My apologies that I cannot remember the other one. Color Ink, or design studio....something like that. They're out of Arizona and it costs about $1,300 per month. For this one you have to use their website (which you can add your logo to).

Hope that helps.

stan255

We use Wordpress for our website here (http://www.selbys.net/) and get a theme from themeforest.net. Right now, we are using our website to generate enquiries and quotes for our products. In the future, we can add eCommerce to the site where our customers can purchase flags, banners, etc straight from the website.

We haven't got to the custom design part yet. Right now, we're doing it in-house via our graphic designers and so far it is working out quite well since our jobs are more towards the medium to large size vs smaller orders.

AKwrapguy

If you have a HP latex 300 or 500 series I know that they have the HP Wall Art that you can add to your site. It allows people to input the dimensions and upload images and text, Send you all the info and you send them a quote.