• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Welcome thread- Tell us about yourself or just say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My name is Stathis from GreeceI opened a workshop with signs.
I am pleased to join you. and I hope to find the information they are looking

Pete Moss

Hello everyone,
I got my start making hand painted and routered signs back in 1992. At first we laid things out by eye and later utilized a projector. After doing that for four years I learned graphic design around 1996. I went to school for commercial art and graphic design. Since then, I've done graphics work for t-shirt shops, printing company's, a alcohol distributor and a bunch of sign shops. I currently manage and do graphics for a small satellite shop owned by one of the larger sign shops in the area. I've organized several art shows and have shown paintings in a few galleries. I carve soapstone and like to draw with colored pencils and ink. I briefly ran a music and art venue and have promoted over 100 music concerts, mostly punk rock. I love building brands, designing signs and promoting businesses. Signs 101 is a great resource and hope to be a member for a long time.

Woody3

Woody Woody's Signs Sturgeon Bay WI

Hi, everyone, Woody here, been in the sign business since 1978..small sign shop in Door County WI. Started out hand painting & Gold leafing...today I do mostly vinyl (printed & cut) still do Gold Leafing...also Screen Printing & Embroidery...my claim to fame is my art work / design..over 30 years I have weathered every competition company in the area :) ....I've been on here before, just finally become a member...because I need help with my "very old" Roland PNC 1100...many years under my belt...if I can help out somebody, I will!!

tkobulls

Sale

Hi Kayla,
Wondering what you have for sign shop equipment I have been looking into the business and am interested in taking a look into what you have for sale.

Thanks
Todd
Hello!
My name is Kayla, my former co-worker told me about this site because I am trying to sell my sign shop equipment. I recently owned my own business but I had decided to drop the business and go back to school for awhile. selling my equipment will help pay for school. I have 8 years of graphic design experience and working in the sign industry. I went to college for a year for Graphic Arts, but no degree. I haven't looked to far into this website yet, but it looks interesting and I cant wait to explore this site. :)

Neil ADS

Hi Everyone.
My name is Neil just joined group have jumped in and out of forum over the years great topics and plenty of advice and help so far.
I own and run my own full service sign business based in Galway, Ireland. Est.2002 so a few years at it now.
Thanks for accepting me to group.
Rgds. Neil

Gurdeep431

Hello Marry

Thanks for writing about you. I think we have lots of similarities thats why I like to talk to you through this website. I am also a graphic designer with more than 35 years of experience and Applied Art Degree. I worked through my life with advertising agencies, print houses and in house advertising departments. I use to write sign board with paint, brush and ladder. Now I have decided to start my own sign making business and also purchased few used equipments (Mimaki JV33-130 and Graphtec FC8000-130). I am facing lots of issues because I never used these equipments but willing to use them as a professional. I am using Rasterlink for printing and Cutting Master3 for cutting job. But I am stuck here it comes to print and contour cut, my graphic cutter gives me hard time to scan the registration marks. I don't know where I can learn all the techniques.

Now I have joined this forum and hope I will get solution of my issues that I am getting time to time. If you have any suggestions for me I will be happy to listen. I live in Canada Toronto.

I wish you success with your profession.

Thanks

Regards
Gurdeep:smile:

Hello, I'm new to the sign industry and am making my way through the process. I have over 30 years graphic design experience, and have just recently started up a print shop at my job. (Had to research ALL equipment, purchase, train, and produce on my own) I worked at a sign shop 20 years ago, but things have changed a lot since then. lol. everything back then was done with stat cameras, T-square and triangles, hot wax, and hand lettering. So, now I have started up a print department for the carwash industry (company that I work for, carwash equipment manufacturer and distributor for other equipment and soaps) I'm making signage, decals, and laminated items like pumptoppers and menu displays, and just jumped into banners. I gotta say, the printing aspect of my job now is fun and exciting. I only had 2 days training on the HP310 latex printer, the graphtec 8600 cutter, Flexi 12 software, and the GSP laminator. I started all this back in September and have come a loooooog way since then, now cranking out jobs daily without issues. This website has helped me immensely, everyone is more than willing to help when I have questions, thank you everyone! It's been a trying process narrowing down the correct vinyl and laminates I need for my jobs, as well as learning techniques, but at least I have a boss who's giving me the budget I need to try things out and the confidence that I'm doing the best I can. I appreciate everyone's help on this website, and I wouldn't be able to make it through the daily grind without your help (and loads of youtube videos). I look forward to the future and what I can learn more about sign making, it's very exciting and rewarding when a customer is happy :) Thanks everyone. - Mary

aMikey

Have sable will Paint,
the auto restore deleted an hours work I just spent composing

Attachments

• 20150713_151209.jpg
    20150713_151209.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 498

Mike McGowan

Hello All, Mike McGowan with Specialty Graphics imaging Association (SGIA). I will be another point of contact for you at SGIA.
Thank you for including me in the Signs 101 family!

Happy 2017 everyone.

Mike McGowan
Specialty Graphic Imaging Association
10015 Main Street, Fairfax VA 22031
P: 703-359-1362

katmoho

Hello everyone and Happy New Year! My sister and I own a screen printing business and have recently started doing heat transfer designs and would like learn more about vinyl cutters and possibly sign making!

Fares Bayazeed

Since 1999 - Wide-format Equipment and Consumables, Vinyl Cutting Equipment and Consumables, Rolled Media Applications - Custom Cut/Custom Coated and Uncoated media and Design Software. I have been in Sales and Sales Management and have a working knowledge of the various ink solutions in relation to available rolled media (with a personal specialty in coatings). I am involved in purchasing as well as sales in large specialty end-user companies and more recently National Distributor Relations and Support.

I am involved in hands-on and off in testing situations for new compatible inks on a variety of types of media and substrates. In-house, we test on a variety of our HP, Roland, Mimaki, Canon and Mutoh equipment our lines of compatible inks. We test every aspect of various rolled and sheet-fed media as well paying special attention to applications, adhesions, and testing of the various thermal and cold laminates and their interaction with media and ink. Then we take the combinations of these and test them on the various substrates. Our ink testing involves the various Aqueous types, Solvent, Eco-Solvent and most recently adding the various Latex and UV Curable Solutions. I have a special interest in Signs 101 with regard end-user experiences with various types of equipment while contributing my experiences in testing equipment, inks, media, vinyl, substrates and cutting systems.

Prior to getting into wide-format and associated off-shoots, I was in Offset Printing Sales. I started with Burroughs Corporation in Financial Forms Design specializing in Super Safety II Official Items and Write-it-Once Systems, Forms Managment and System Set Design with my final assignment in a think-tank environment. I went from there to work for Sperry-Remington-Rand specializing in printed color-coded files and filing systems, terminal digit and space-saving equipment design. Prior to that I was in Radio and Television involved as an on-air personality, Sports Commentator, and in News Performance, Production, and Management. I have also been involved in producing 18 films and documentaries on various subjects. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Radio-Television and Film (Sales and Management) from Oklahoma State University and have continued education in a variety of interests. I read every entry into Signs 101 religiously, add my thoughts and experiences selectively, and find the format gives me a good overall scope of our industry. I pay close attention to trends in our industry by the comments of all members in our forum. I am careful not to sell my companies particular products here in that, at this point, I do not pay for the right to do so. Thank you for accepting me into this select group of professionals!

vinros

Hello all I'm Vince at New Image Sign Company. Have been in business for 16 years. Have been looking through forums for information on a few issues with a couple printers.
Thanks,

RCGPhoto

Hi Happy New Year! My name is Richard I have over 30 years print and Photography Experience. I have KBA Offset equipment can print up to 59" x 81" @ 9,000 sheets per hour. Also Have Wide format 96" x What you need on our Durst RHO 900 Digital UV printer. I look forward to helping where I can.

Best Regards

My name is Matt and I'm the owner of Coffee Freak Designs. I have been in graphic arts for over 20 years and have been in web design and graphic arts on and off for years before starting my own business. I have recently added die cut signs as an add-on to my design business. Looks like I have a bit to learn and this group looks like a wealth of that information.

Nisei

Hello
I've been working in the graphics industry for the past 25+ years. Been doing several things like designing, color management, color proofing, publishing, large format printing and signs.
Currently only having a Graphtec CE5000-40 as a hobby tool at home (for t-shirts, sand blast templates and other useful stuff).

vwsports

VanWinkle Sports

Hello
We are new to the sign business. We have had several customers ask about signs & banners. So we started slowly making banners and signs.
Looking to learn as much as possible. It started with customers wanting team banners, now schools are asking for signs. We are a athletic sporting goods store with 10 employees and 2 locations. We have a Roland SC-540 printer and will upgrade when our customer base lets us.

thanks
Doug

Krehas

Hi, My name Is Chris Savageau. I've been making signs and shirts as a part time business for the last 8 years. I was part of another forum years back that died out. I missed the input and help that they gave to each other, I thought I'd give this forum a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.