• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Welcome thread- Tell us about yourself or just say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gventer

Hi Everyone

I used to own a small signage business - back in my old town St. Lucia (South Africa) a few years ago. I've been out of the signage industry for ±10 years. I just had a small 24" Summa cutter to do all signs.

Starting again now but will move into digital printing as well.

JP123

Hi All

I'm Josh and I sell stuff.

I'm not an artist, designer, sign maker, printer, cutter, wrapper, t-shirt maker, rhinestoner, scrap-booker or anything even remotely close to any of those things...until now.

I have a friend who owns a vehicle wrap business. His idea was for us work together to expand both of our businesses... with one small catch: I had to learn software, come up with the templates, designs, prototypes, packaging, advertising, websites and whatever else needs to be done. In return, he'll print it.

With that said, I've spent a couple of months reading everything I can and thanks to these forums I'm about to make my first equipment purchase to get this new sole venture started.

As for my friend... he still owns a wrap business.

Thanks to all of the participants here. I'm extremely excited to see where this goes. The information is priceless and I hope to return the favor in the future.

bmasur24

Hello. Been dabbling in cut vinyl for the last 5 years but recently Bought a used Mutoh printer. I always have question and this forum always seems to pop up with answers on a google search. Figured I should join since I use it so much!

Airbrush1

Music paints on silence
Hey all, not sure I'm in the right place for an intro but it did say welcome thread somewhere above, what the heck.Hello everyone!
I'm just getting started with large format and I realize the importance of resources like this site.I made a decent living as an airbrush artist for the last 18 years doing big scale murals many other projects and have occasionally used vinyl for masks when airbrushing, so I have limited digital experience.
I really enjoy the work and the people in this field and as time changes we sometimes have to change with it.I have already learned some valuable tips from this site and
I hope that with time I will be able to contribute more then I take.With that,it feels great to join this community of creative minds.
Shaun McInnis

CaliforniaVibe

Production and Digital Print Operator
Hello, I'm 29 and currently working in a small print shop. I have 6 years under my belt in the printing business, and work mostly with large format printing...I have experience with a flatbed cutter, plotter cutter, laser cutting, saw and hand cutting, sheering, hydraulic cutting, various rip and design applications/programs, Gerber printing, and installs!

I spend most of my free time playing WoW and enjoying craft beers

aceone

Hello, I am a lifelong artist and owner of Nilson Studio, located in Milwaukee, WI. I do large murals of all types, decorative paint and plaster finishes, as well as oil and acrylic paintings. I have painted several giant company logos over the years, which sparked my interest in traditional sign painting techniques and materials. You can visit Nilson Studio - Murals, Faux and Wall Finishes, and Fine Art to see my work. Thank you and I look forward to talking shop with you!

D

DrytacSoutheastLinda

Hello! I'm Linda and I am the Southeastern Regional Sales Manager for Drytac based in Atlanta, GA. We provide great quality wide format laminates, adhesives, digital print media, laminators, magnetic systems, and display equipment and accessories. If anyone has a sign shop in the Southeast and would like assistance from me on materials, feel free to reach out! lindaeubanks@drytac.com
I'd love to hear from you!

APSdigital

Hello we are a commercial digital printing company doing EDDMs, Postcards, Brochures, Newsletters, etc.,also presort and meter mail for local businesses but we just recently got a Roland Soljet XC-540 and after i get my feet wet with it and learn more about it ill then roll it out to customers and offer banners, stickers and what not

ModlrMike

Hi, I'm Michael, and I just joined today. I retired form the full time Navy some years ago, and now work as a civilian. I'm looking to add some signs to my woodworking as a sideline, and to carry over into full retirement in a few years. Nothing extravagant, more like a small home based business.

Jules

I'm Jules and I currently only do vinyl cutting but I'm thinking of getting into printing. I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, lots of good info.

Emmy

Hello everyone! Am happy to be part of this community of professionals. Thanks for the opportunity.

maxamy

Hello all, very new to it all. Just got a cutter and hoping to learn some things from this forum. From Virginia, thank you for letting me into your forum and sharing your experience. Max

Pink Pig Print

Hi all. Not new to Signs101 was a member way back when (well some years ago now. And have just returned as i need some bed time reading. and to help were i can.
I have been in the Garment Gift and Large Format printing for just over 14 years. and have used most print methods along the way.
Over the past 5 years trade as declined and as our old fateful large format printer ( ye old rock hopper 60") went bang and was sent to the big print shop in the sky, we just did garment and gift printing.
We have now started looking at returning to Large format print again as we keep turning work down.
we are only a small business based in Sutton - in - Ashfield. Nottinghamshire UK. so as the norm compeating with the big business is hard. but hay there is lots of workout there for us all.
So again Hi to all on the forum.

danielapcink

Hello my name is Daniel i have been working on printers for a little over a year now and and looking to learn more about the printers.

JStein

Hi Fellow Signmakers,

I have been in the Graphic Design industry since 2008. I went to Robert Morris University in Chicago, IL to learn my trade. I have learned a lot in the 8 years that I have been churning out attractive Commercial Art. I would say my motivation has been working with business men and women and seeing the vision for there company come to life right before their eyes. It seems that every project that I get has the potential to be a great helper in the lives of the people that it represents.

I came to this forum to find a sense of community and to increase my knowledge of the business that I have been lucky enough to be a part of.

MAC Specialties

Hello everyone, my name is Brian. I work for a company called MAC Specialties Ltd. in Oceanside, NY. I am in charge of operating a Zund G3 3XL-3200 digital cutter and Mimaki flatbed presses. I've come here to learn more information about routing and printing.

Hello!, We have been making signs for 45 years, I tell people we started in 1971 BC (before computers). We will try to participate as often as possible and look forward to being a part of this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.