• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Do You Guys Think Of The Epson Gs6000

Maxon70

Hey all,
I found a
EPSON GS6000 64" printer in good condition for a good price
what do you guys think about these printers, attached it the print head test
it has a bulk ink system setup ,

The printer has been upgraded to the INX Triangle bulk ink system
how do these printer compare

Thanks
Maxon

Attachments

• 00g0g_h3pGtNZeUVg_600x450.jpg
    00g0g_h3pGtNZeUVg_600x450.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 345
  • 00404_30GKRGEq1XP_600x450.jpg
    00404_30GKRGEq1XP_600x450.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 327
  • 00707_gs7TgJCpzHU_600x450.jpg
    00707_gs7TgJCpzHU_600x450.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 315

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
I have (2) of them an run them everyday, all day. I had them for about 5 years or so. Run everything on them banners, wrap material, reflective, paper, etc.

I don't have a bulk ink system so I don't know how that ink system would affect the EPSON heads.

I could not really see the test print very well. Were all the heads firing?

One thing to keep in mind, for any service on the machine you will have to call EPSON and then they send a tech out for the repair(s). Printhead replacement runs about $2500.00 I would think given that, you would be able to call Epson and get a service report for the machine. Other than having to replace a printead on each machine, they have been very bullet proof.

I like mine.

Maxon70

Thanks for the Info, Yes all the heads look good.

The Epson ink isn't cheap for these things..

The guy inst asking alot for this machine about as much as a head replacement, I think Im going to go with this one..

burgmurk

I used to run one (with colorgate RIP) and I loved it. It was very slow compared to the roland XJ i ran alongside it, but the colour and quality were streets ahead. I used it for fine art canvas prints and POS things that were going to be viewed up close, or sometimes just because the images were so nice they deserved the best possible print.
That was about 7 years ago, I'd definitely not buy it as a 'workhorse' (that'd be an HP 360) but if you can get a good deal and think print quality would be more important than speed in your shop, go for it.

Maxon70

Thanks for all reply's guys,, Yes from what Ive read about Triangle inks they are supposed to be good and last along time..

ejaximus

Thanks for all reply's guys,, Yes from what Ive read about Triangle inks they are supposed to be good and last along time..

We have the triangle ink conversion in ours and the only issue we really encounter is the Epson green & orange inks do not like to play nice with them when printing deep green or orange colors. Just make sure to shake those cartridges specifically before printing and the colors will come out okay.

Maxon70

We have the triangle ink conversion in ours and the only issue we really encounter is the Epson green & orange inks do not like to play nice with them when printing deep green or orange colors. Just make sure to shake those cartridges specifically before printing and the colors will come out okay.

Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Maxon70

Holy cow, Ive been reading everything I can on this site about these printers and it seems there are many issues, mostly with tracking , head strikes, the green and orange, and banding and the take up reel and loading media and the belts.. kinda scary

Holy cow, Ive been reading everything I can on this site about these printers and it seems there are many issues, mostly with tracking , head strikes, the green and orange, and banding and the take up reel and loading media and the belts.. kinda scary

Maxon -

We've had 4 or 5 different brands of printers (HP, Epson, CET, Fuji-Acuity, and Roland), at some point in time if you have a large user base there will be many reports of issues. An experienced operator should be able to get a GS6000 running very efficiently (albeit a little slow - we found we couldn't print over 72 sq. ft. an hour). Epson machines are pretty good machines and reasonably reliable, just slow - we have the S80s now and the S60s - I print about 5000 sq. ft. a week on each and we run the S80 at a whopping 68 sq. ft. per hour on 54" media and 72 sq. ft. per hour on 60" or 63" media - turns into 7 days a week at 14 hour a day. On the S60 we run about 136 sq. ft. per hour to 150 sq. ft. per hour per roll and that is 8 hours per day. We print a lot on the Epsons and while we've had problems in the past, they seem to be fixable and end up being great machines. Note - we are using OEM inks, never used 3rd party inks, YMMV.

Starter

I have been running a GS6000 for 5 years now and put 15miles of media through it with no issues. I have spent $2000.00 in repairs and parts....this includes the cost of the tech. Great machine. I am currently purchasing a second Epson 60600. I hope the 60600 is as good to me as the GS6000.

boxerbay

7 years now on our GS6000 with hundreds of rolls run through it. we even let it run unattended overnight for full roll runs. no problem with yellow. no problem with tracking. replaced one black head so far. we only use OEM inks. great printer.

sign girl

Hey all,
I found a
EPSON GS6000 64" printer in good condition for a good price
what do you guys think about these printers, attached it the print head test
it has a bulk ink system setup ,

The printer has been upgraded to the INX Triangle bulk ink system
how do these printer compare

Thanks
Maxon
We ran our GS6000 for 7 years with no problems. We replaced it 3 weeks ago with a Mimaki JV150-160. Everyday that I use the new printer I dream of still using the Epson. The Epson was user friendly and seemed to enjoy printing. The Mimaki is just a pain. I wish we would have gotten another Epson.

Maxon70

Thanks for all your input, I appreciate it, This machine is using the triangle inks and has 8 colors ( not sure if I need 8 colors) with a total bill of 2k for the ink alone, Im not finding the black color anywhere without a 3 week back order, so I still havent pulled the trigger on this one just yet..

Thanks again for all your input abut these machines..

ejaximus

Fellers stocks triangle inks for the GS6000 but they not shown on the website, you have to call in and order. The part numbers for those inks specifically are a little obscure so you need them, I can send them to you.

Also, they've converted the green and orange to triangle inks on that machine? Last I spoke with our triangle guy, they weren't converting them and we still use epson cartridges for those colors. So you might want to double check that when you are calculating your costs.

Maxon70

Fellers stocks triangle inks for the GS6000 but they not shown on the website, you have to call in and order. The part numbers for those inks specifically are a little obscure so you need them, I can send them to you.

Also, they've converted the green and orange to triangle inks on that machine? Last I spoke with our triangle guy, they weren't converting them and we still use epson cartridges for those colors. So you might want to double check that when you are calculating your costs.

Your are right they havent converted the Green and Orange, I think this one is more than I need right now...the fellers guy I spoke with couldn't find the ink and the only place I could find it was at Midwest with a 3 week back order on black because its not in stock. but I didnt have the numbers so your probably right, Im still a small shop working out of my home right now, the 64" would be difficult to install at my current location.. I am not sure I would need 8 colors just yet... the ink is a 2000ml bag, so you do save in the long run.. How often do you need to reorder the ink in your shop?

its a good deal