• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Upcoming Print Technologies Are You Interested In?

MachServTech

Here's my short list:

3D Printing

Page Wide Array

New Substrates

Conductive Ink for Inkjet (think printing flexible circuit boards)

Small High speed flatbeds

What are you guys and gals looking forward to?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'd love to see a latex or flexible UV page wide array printer in a hybrid format.

Imagine pumping out 1000 boards/hr at 1200+ DPI then switching to roll stock and running full rolls in 10mins.

rjssigns

In the realm of flatbeds I'd like to see one that runs as consistently and reliably as my Roland SP540V.

Nothing but a constant barrage of folks posting with this issue or that regarding their flatbed regardless of manufacturer. Banding, drop outs, head crashes, etc...REALLY!!!!!

And as if they didn't charge you enough buying the rig replacement parts are hyper expensive. LED lamps on Rolands roll to roll UV printer are five grand a pop and there's two of them.:omg::omg::omg:

It is 2015 fer cryin' out loud! Forget the new product and focus on making whats out there as simple and reliable as an anvil.

That is why I have shied away from ever looking at them and let my to the trade guy have the headaches.

Disappointing for this day in age...

MachServTech

I'd love to see a latex or flexible UV page wide array printer in a hybrid format.

Imagine pumping out 1000 boards/hr at 1200+ DPI then switching to roll stock and running full rolls in 10mins.

Yeah, that would be insane...in a good way! High hopes for this as well.

MachServTech

In the realm of flatbeds I'd like to see one that runs as consistently and reliably as my Roland SP540V.

Nothing but a constant barrage of folks posting with this issue or that regarding their flatbed regardless of manufacturer. Banding, drop outs, head crashes, etc...REALLY!!!!!

And as if they didn't charge you enough buying the rig replacement parts are hyper expensive. LED lamps on Rolands roll to roll UV printer are five grand a pop and there's two of them.:omg::omg::omg:

It is 2015 fer cryin' out loud! Forget the new product and focus on making whats out there as simple and reliable as an anvil.

That is why I have shied away from ever looking at them and let my to the trade guy have the headaches.

I couldn't agree more.

rdmdarr

[video=youtube;5OohuEuRO_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OohuEuRO_I[/video]

when they make a latex machine that will print this fast...

Ponto

Can't argue with these comments,... pretty much spot on!!!!!Jp

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Waiting for the "Car Wash" type vehicle printer. Spray on car wrap like driving through an automated car wash. Some day....