• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Vinyl Is The Best?

Darion Judd

I would say hay they don't know how to install and are just trying to save a buck. Not your problem if they don't have the knowledge to do this.

They really should have no problems installing 751.

I 110% agree with you but it's one of my bigger clients so I just to make them happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Best

They all say 2mil thickness for their cast vinyls, unless you go with calendered which is thicker for your "cals".
Sounds like they had screwups so they put the blame on you for not having 3M thicker material. They don't see the 3M logo on back so they think it is inferior.

cathleen

Thanks for the input, and Oracal is all my local supplier really carries so that's all I've ever really used. I'll have to try out the 3M. Also, is that material going to have an air release technology or no? Sorry for the noobish questions. I'm pretty much brand new to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oracal is a good product. We did boat lettering for customers 16+ years ago that are now asking for a reprint due to fade. 16 years in a salt water environment is pretty impressive. HOWEVER...I know our installers much prefer 3m products to Oracal. We do use both depending on the application. Contact 3m directly. Ask for a sample and test the products side by side. As you are new to this, that is my best suggestion.Good Luck!

cathleen

Oracal is a good product. We did boat lettering for customers 16+ years ago that are now asking for a reprint due to fade. 16 years in a salt water environment is pretty impressive. HOWEVER...I know our installers much prefer 3m products to Oracal. We do use both depending on the application. Contact 3m directly. Ask for a sample and test the products side by side. As you are new to this, that is my best suggestion.Good Luck!
Yes, 3m is air release. Awesome product!

heyskull

Air release is either used for wrap material or in your case for end users that have no idea how to fit.
From what I am reading are these decals being used for a permanent decal or are they being used as demonstrator / courtesy car graphics?
Because using 751 is more for a permanent decal and if a large area to be covered maybe your client needs more training to fit the material.

SC