• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where To Buy Custom Color Vinyl

TopFliteGraphics

Several years ago I bought some vinyl made in a custom color and I cannot seem to remember from whom I purchased it. IIRC they were located in Houston, TX. Does anyone have a source for this? It is for some ledger green material that was used in 1970 by Mopar for some muscle cars.

TopFliteGraphics

BTW - I am not talking about something printed CYMK, it was a custom ink blend that was sprayed onto white cast vinyl to match a 35+ year old sample and the place nailed it. I wish I could remember their name...

rjssigns

I use auto paint. Local place will color match, and put in a spray can, or make as little as two ounces to use in your airbrush/spray gun. Enamel with catalyst is my go to.
I've done base clear with custom effects on vinyl in the past. Only downside with either method is you aren't going to wrap with it. Lightly contoured surfaces only.

netsol

imron paint

if you are going to paint vinyl, why not use imron the "flexible" paint made for race cars and show cars? after a hit, the panel can be straightened (within reason) and not need repainting.

i remember seeing a demo in 1980. they painted aluminum foil, then crumbled it into a ball. when they flattened it out the paint was perfect. point is no limit on gentle contours using your painted vinyl.

i'm not sure if imron is still in use. you wear a respirator. to spray and. need a ventilated drying area. the vapors are DEADLY. but it seems perfect for coloring vinyl

Cyclynn

I have checked out Alsa Corp. They are impossible to deal with. I purchased a product (they appear to be the only ones with bright copper metallic wrap film). It took weeks to get delivery, and I had to pester them. THey had no trouble being efficient about charging my credit card for the product. Then they shipped me the wrong item. This all started in March, and it has yet to be resolved.I can't get them to act on sending me the proper product and sending a pick-up for the (very cool) product that I don't want.