• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to download this font???

tservice

I have not seen the font myself, as of yet. I need to do a store front, and the guys sent me a word doc with the name of the business and the font they want...ummmm but they don't have the font either..

Replicator

I have never seen the font, but doing some searches I found that Cyberlink Power Director Ultra V7 has these founds in the program . . .

(not sure if they are exclusive to this program)

ARBERKLEY.ttf
ARBLANCA.ttf
ARBONNIE.ttf
ARCARTER.ttf
ARCENA.ttf
ARCHRISTY.ttf
ARDARLING.ttf
ARDECODE.ttf
ARDELANEY.ttf
ARDESTINE.ttf
ARESSENCE.ttf
ARHERMANN.ttf
ARJULIAN.ttf

Also Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 Ultra has the same fonts . . . So they may be Cyberlink fonts

tservice

Thanks guys. I will try that one. If they say that is not the correct one, I will just tell them to provide it. I am just getting a strange feeling about this job.

SignosaurusRex

Thanks guys. I will try that one. If they say that is not the correct one, I will just tell them to provide it. I am just getting a strange feeling about this job.

Charge them for the font and your time!

A single typeface may be released and sold under many different names and many completely different fonts may share the same name. Until you have some sort of sample, you would normally be S.O.L. If the customer supplied you with a font name than they or someone that they answer to must certainly have or can get a sample or more concise info for you. If not, than how the hell do they know what they are getting and how can they expect you to provide what they think they want?

SignosaurusRex

The Typeface...'PLAZA'...is a creation of English type designer ALAN MEEKS. It was created in 1975 and originally released, and is still owned by LETRASET. It was originally released as a "Dry Transfer" (rub-on) type for use by graphic artists, printing and design houses. As an addition to any collection, it will always be a money-maker.

jiarby

found this on my pc... no idea where it came from. Altsys Metamorphosis
bonnien.ttf

Update: Google tells me that Altsys Metamorphosis was a company that made "Fontographer" and a few other Font creation utilities. They also created the product that became Macromedia Freehand... cooL! They made software that was the first to allow regular schmoes to create fonts using bezier editing.

Probably someone with Altsys software re-created Meek's PLAZA and named it Bonnie.

Attachments

• bonnie.jpg
    bonnie.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 165
  • bonnie2.jpg
    bonnie2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
found this on my pc... no idea where it came from. Altsys Metamorphosis
bonnien.ttf

Update: Google tells me that Altsys Metamorphosis was a company that made "Fontographer" and a few other Font creation utilities. They also created the product that became Macromedia Freehand... cooL! They made software that was the first to allow regular schmoes to create fonts using bezier editing.

Probably someone with Altsys software re-created Meek's PLAZA and named it Bonnie.

Altsys was a very innovative company out of Texas who created Freehand, Fontographer and Metamorphasis. Metamorphasis was simply a font conversion utility for people who want Fontographer's font conversion features but had no interest in font creation or editing. Altsys wasn't all that keen on the marketing side of things so they contracted out the sales of Freehand to Aldus ... who was doing very well with their Pagemaker product.

What many don't know about Freehand and Fontographer is that they were designed to play well together and using Fontographer was considerably easier with Freehand providing the character glyphs than if you used Adobe Illustrator. Altsys Fontographer had, bar none, the absolute best automatic node cleanup I have ever seen. For whatever reason, that feature was not used in Freehand.

Altsys and Aldus along with Adobe were the "three A's" and had a pretty good alliance going. Together, they were able to get Adobe's PostScript language accepted as the standard for page creation and universal vector file exchanges on Macs and PCs. Then Adobe bought out Aldus and was going to kill the Freehand application because it competed with and was preferred by many over Adobe Illustrator. Altsys sued Adobe and got their Freehand rights fully restored. They then turned around and sold out to Macromedia who tried to make a success of Freehand but allowed Fontographer to wither on the vine and discontinued Metamorphasis.

Ultimately, of course, Adobe bought out Macromedia and neither Fontographer nor Freehand are any longer supported products.