• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

why does corel pick up the ghost lines when flexi doesnt

Emil

and i got a dislike.........iam so hurt...........hahahahahahahahaahahahahaha
you post............and make a fool of yourself..........even a NEWBEE woulda know why those watermarks are on the stuff you grab off google..............AND THEN you say flexi......IS FOR YOUR WORK??? so your working at at a sign shop???? you will get a thicker skin........hangin round here)
and fyi its a municipality, so we deal primarily in road and street signs, which would explain the super expensive software and little knowledge of private jobs and copyright problems because we deal with the mutcd. but clearly a sign maker of your caliber would know all about the mutcd and sign law wouldn't you.

OldPaint

darn...another dislike(((( just image this visual...........oh notice the ghost image ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Attachments

• stock-vector-senior-man-is-very-surprised-with-a-computer-279857447.jpg
    stock-vector-senior-man-is-very-surprised-with-a-computer-279857447.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 108

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I honestly don't understand this thread. This thread is worthless and serves no purpose to even be seen in the future by members down the road.

How can so many people be mean and rude, when we're discussing nonsense at best ?? Not to mention the worthless chiclets being handed out by someone who keeps their entire profile a secret ??

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Regardless of whether or not the original poster is lifting images and my feelings on the chimerical notion of 'intellectual property', the reason that the watermark shows up in Corel and not in Flexi is because Corel's trace is more sensitive to small color shifts. That could be due to whatever settings you might be using in either package or simply that Corel's trace inherently is more sensitive than Flexi's.

You could pose your question in another way; "Why isn't Flexi's trace picking up the same details that Corel's does?"

By the bye, those 'ghost lines' to which you refer constitute what's called a 'watermark'. It's there in an attempt to prevent people such as yourself from using a proprietary image without first paying for it. Don't worry, erasing watermarks is common practice and it doesn't carry the death penalty.

Emil

Regardless of whether or not the original poster is lifting images and my feelings on the chimerical notion of 'intellectual property', the reason that the watermark shows up in Corel and not in Flexi is because Corel's trace is more sensitive to small color shifts. That could be due to whatever settings you might be using in either package or simply that Corel's trace inherently is more sensitive than Flexi's.

You could pose your question in another way; "Why isn't Flexi's trace picking up the same details that Corel's does?"

By the bye, those 'ghost lines' to which you refer constitute what's called a 'watermark'. It's there in an attempt to prevent people such as yourself from using a proprietary image without first paying for it. Don't worry, erasing watermarks is common practice and it doesn't carry the death penalty.
thank you bob this was the explanation i was looking for the whole time, i appreciate your response very much.

Vince Vinyl

I honestly don't understand this thread. This thread is worthless and serves no purpose to even be seen in the future by members down the road.

How can so many people be mean and rude, when we're discussing nonsense at best ?? Not to mention the worthless chiclets being handed out by someone who keeps their entire profile a secret ??

attachment.php

Attachments

• youre not stupid.jpg
    youre not stupid.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 147

De.signs Nanaimo

Hi all, I know it is a common practice in the sign business to poach artwork but stop please. You all do some type of design, it's part of the trade, so how would you feel if you spent time on something and people just kept swinging by the back door and grabbing bits of your business?

I sell designs, or incorporate the price into the project somehow, I have sold logos online, and I have had clients try to steal my designs, like the customer that took my low res pdf business card proof, had it printed with someone else, and then stormed into the shop accusing me of not knowing my job because his stolen design looked so bad when printed! I laughed him right out of the shop.

Our local school board just tried to get all the sign shops in town to do some design concepts as part of the proposal to wrap a trailer, they wanted multiple concepts, then I am sure they planned on picking the best design, and the cheapest wrap price. Imagine the design hours some shops must have wasted on that job!

I had a client once who stole a logo from a British Company, we had done a search and a designer had found this info out and warned the client what could happen if they used the logo but they went ahead with backlit signs, van wrap, business cards etc. They got a cease and desist letter within two months from the UK, they had to re-work over $15,000 in branding. Their van is still, 6 years later, driving around with a wrap that was 75% removed, looking quite silly.

Don't steal guys, theft is theft no matter how you rationalize it.

ams

I've had customer who wanted custom artwork and then after buying a cheap $15 sign, they wanted a copy of the artwork in multiple formats, they said for business cards, website, etc. But I know what they really wanted it for.
I did it with the first two and after two years never heard from them again, the ones I don't give it to, keep coming back. Weird!