• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why is our Agfa Anapurna showing empty black ink when it's full?

twmiller24

We have an Agfa Anapurna M2500, which we've generally been happy with. But sometimes it does odd things, like now.

The screen showed black ink needed refilled, so we refilled the tank. After it was refilled, the screen still showed black as "Empty" and gave us a warning before we printed. After a full day, it still shows empty, even though the printer is printing fine, the tank is full, and we're seeing no issues printing black ink.

Any suggestions?

Lane J

I haven't had my ink tank sensors working on my Agfa Jeti 1224 since day one.
They have been replaced by an Agfa tech twice and they still don't read close to accurate.
A few will read empty (when they are full) and others will read half full or a quarter empty. We keep them topped off most days.
I was told by my tech that the sensors aren't compatible with the inks (that made me raise an eyebrow). We are running Gen 5 white ink and Gen 4 CMYK Anapurna inks.
I basically just ignore the levels in the GUI and do a physical check.
Sorry that I don't really have an answer, but if you find a solution, I'd like to know!

twmiller24

I haven't had my ink tank sensors working on my Agfa Jeti 1224 since day one.
They have been replaced by an Agfa tech twice and they still don't read close to accurate.
A few will read empty (when they are full) and others will read half full or a quarter empty. We keep them topped off most days.
I was told by my tech that the sensors aren't compatible with the inks (that made me raise an eyebrow). We are running Gen 5 white ink and Gen 4 CMYK Anapurna inks.
I basically just ignore the levels in the GUI and do a physical check.
Sorry that I don't really have an answer, but if you find a solution, I'd like to know!
Thanks - we're running G5 CMYK inks and G4 White Ink. I'll let you know if I find anything out. That's helpful, though!