• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X5: Toggle wireframe/enhanced?

Colin

I assigned F9 a s a shortcut key to go from "enhanced" View mode to "wireframe" (something I do a lot), but can we get it to toggle back & forth between enhanced & wireframe with that same shortcut key? It seems to want to be assigned another key to go back to enhanced.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I set mine to Ctrl-Shift-W for wireframe and Ctrl-Shift-E for enhanced. Almost as good, I think...

WildWestDesigns

I don't think you can with the same key. In Ai you can, I set up a button on my Cintiq to do that, but based on how the options are presented in the drop down menu for Corel, I don't think that you are able to do that with the same keystroke.

SignManiac

I haven't run across any way of using the same key either. I use alt+P all the time for power clipping and set up the hot key, alt+E to extract. Nowhere did I find any info for toggling the same key to reverse a function. Maybe you should tell Corel about it and they can include that in a future update?

Colin

Dang. Ok, thanks for the replies. Funny how my 13 year old ScanVec Inspire will toggle on the F9 key for wireframe/color.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Download this macro:
http://macromonster.com/index.php?mod=descr&id_desc=63&keyword=toggle+wireframe&Submit=Go

Unzip it

Open this path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Draw\GMS
(if your draw is installed in the default directory)

Drag the gms file from the zip to this directory

Then go to:
Tools > Customization > Commands > Macros > shortcut Keys
Assign the macro to F9

Toggle away

wayne k
guam usa

The macro certainly seems cool... but why is it needed?

In X3 and I imagine 4 and 5 as well there is a command called Toggle View (default key is Shift-F9) that toggles between wireframe and enhanced.

All I did was switch Keyboard shortcut with the Full Screen Preview command (F9).

<edit> yes, this works in X5, as well...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The macro certainly seems cool... but why is it needed?

In X3 and I imagine 4 and 5 as well there is a command called Toggle View (default key is Shift-F9) that toggles between wireframe and enhanced.

All I did was switch Keyboard shortcut with the Full Screen Preview command (F9).

<edit> yes, this works in X5, as well...

Good catch - learn something new in Draw every day..

wayne k
guam usa

Colin

Hmmm, Ok, I did it that way and deleted the Macro. I couldn't find the "Toggle View" in any list, but I found the little "search" icon and typed it in, and found it. F9 now toggling!

Thanks guys!