• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X6 crashing

niksagkram

Hi. Anybody else having problems after Windows 7 update this week? Four of our workstations have problems with X6 crashing on start-up after Windows update. Had to uninstall updates to get going again.

Mark

Techman

As has been mentioned many times,

Turn off automatic updates. Get them manually yourself and save them if you must have them.

Install any update only after it has been examined and tested by others. Almost all updates are for some obscure strange circumstance that may never affect 99.9% of us.

Personally. I do not install any updates on a working machine that is very important to the production of the shop.

niksagkram

As has been mentioned many times,

Turn off automatic updates. Get them manually yourself and save them if you must have them.

Install any update only after it has been examined and tested by others. Almost all updates are for some obscure strange circumstance that may never affect 99.9% of us.

Personally. I do not install any updates on a working machine that is very important to the production of the shop.

Thanks Techman. Automatic updates are turned off on all machines, but, of course we installed new updates without thinking there may be a problem as we have never had an issue before. As far as I can tell, only Corel was affected. I did notice when doing a search for update problems, that Microsoft pulled the August Windows updates because of numerous issues.

Mark