• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your Top-Ten Fonts?...

Sabre

Here's a handful of mine. Hopefully my choices don't reflect my inexperience :p

Attachments

• font thing.jpg
    font thing.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 197

Jillbeans

:Coffee:
Unfondled, unedited, unkerned and straight from the old GA.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 263

SignosaurusRex

I JUST CANNOT DO IT! For ten days now I've tried to come up with just 10 top favorite fonts. Its only a little easier to find a font or two that fall OUT of favor. I'm a certified and registered font freak. Every project is unique, especially after I have thoroughly massaged, fondled and sometimes down right molested a font into submission. To me, MY FONT LIBRARY IS MY HAREM!

Ken

Ok Rex..dont get your serifs twisted in a knot...
Thanks to those who posted their choices in thumbnail.
I finally get to see Jill's faves...
A lot of alternate names for fonts..ie: College = Princeton.
And then there IS the factor of OUR faves vs. CLIENT faves..who will win????
Cheers!
Ken

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The fonts I regard as favorites tend to change quite frequently. Some are fonts I have used frequently for many years while others get used and disregarded. I've seen plenty of fonts I've really liked but then never had a project come up where their use would be appropriate.

The attached JPEG lists a set of 10 that I like quite a bit. There's others not on there (such as the Multiple Master version of Penumbra) that I adore.

Attachments

• SomeFavFonts.jpg
    SomeFavFonts.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 188

Jillbeans

Those are some darn nice fonts Bobby!
Love....Jill
(I remember back in my art school days, I'd look at the Letraset catalog for hours!)

SignosaurusRex

Yes! and in all 50 states I might add. The foundries have my picture on a clip-board hanging on the wall. I currently have to wear a "Valentino" ankle monitor device with a direct link to the Font Police.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Those are some darn nice fonts Bobby!

Thanks, Jill -or maybe the thanks should be forwarded to the font designers. I just wish they didn't cost so much money. ClearviewHwy was especially painful to the wallet. Another new highway font, FF Mt, being adapted on German roadways is being offered for free via the Font Font website. It's a pretty unusual typeface.

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I've thought on this for some time and have come to the conclusion that no one is doing themselves a service by playing. For me typefaces exist on a continuum, from those to which I just naturally gravitate to those which I wouldn't use at gunpoint. And a whole hell of a lot of faces in between.

To say "Here's my top ten faces.." just naturally leads to the question "For what?" What might appear on such a list would vary wildly with just what we might be doing.

On the other hand, it is possible to list the bottom ten faces. Those that if I chose to use one you could notify the media that hell has frozen over. These are mainstream faces, some of which might have been put on top ten lists in this very thread, not obscure dreck. They come in at least a couple of flavors, from just plain butt ugly to trite.

Here's ten of my bottom of the barrel faces. Today anyway, the list is subject to change without notice. New faces get added but seldom do any get removed.

Attachments

• bad_fonts.jpg
    bad_fonts.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 165

Jillbeans

Most of those are on the bottom of my barrel too, Bob.
I was thinking about posting the 10 least favorite fonts but I never had time.
You covered it nicely for me!
Unfortunately those are the public's ten most wanted!
My other most unfavorite is a calligraphic font called "White" I see it alll the time and it is truly puke-worthy.
Love....Jill