• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zip files and X3 & windows xp

JoySigns

XP automatically opens zips, can I create a zip file from Corel x3 and XP or do I need additional software?

Jakob77

If you right-click the file in windows explorer, in the 'Send to' submenu, there's 'compressed folder'. This will create a zip file containing the original file.

Mark

iSign

I'll share another easy tip that surprised me how easy it was, and came in quite handy since...

...once you have a .zip file, if you ever need to make a large file (or folder full of files) available for someone else to download...

..if you have a website, like islandsign.com... you can ftp the .zip file to your web server & then if the file was called s101.zip...

...you can email a link to the intended recipient that reads islandsign.com/s101.zip...

...going to that URL in their web browser will bring up the "do you want to download" message.

Welll, maybe everyone knew that, or maybe nobody cares, but I have found it extremely handy for making large files available to others who don't have ftp sites.