• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10 years of Flexi... what has changed?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I went ahead and bought a new production PC and of course, Flexi 8 wouldn't run on Windows 10 so I had to get a subscription.

Question is.. what has changed in 10 years since 8 was released? They whole thing looks the same. Production manager looks different but all the same features are under the skin. The online proofing thing looks neat...but I prefer to just e-mail it personally.

What is different or better?

IsItFasst

I hear you there. While I'm sure there are lots of new features, for the most part I just use the core stuff that has been around since I started using in 2001. Depending on what version you are used to, the newer version may crash more or less than the one currently using. I tried the online proofing for a week or two but found it to be a lot less efficient than just emailing the customers directly. But I could see how it would be nice if you have a lot of back and forth with a customer who wants little things changed (so they can make notes directly on the proof easily). I try to avoid this type of time consuming custom work, though I get sucked into these jobs almost daily. I have been on Cloud for years but am refusing to do the latest update due to color horror stories I have read about. I have my profile set up where it is 99.9% accurate so don't want to mess with a good thing that took me years to perfect.