• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

-

signgal

Hello awesome 101ers! I need your help with this logo for our new company (now you know why I haven't been around much). The company is truly my husbands, so I'm trying to let him call the shots but the marketer/designer in me just can't let him make a mistake on something as big as his logo. We went to the incredibly talented "Sign Amigo" and bless his heart, Phillip came up with some great ideas considering. My husband and I do not agree on a lot when it comes to the logo and Phillip suggested I bring it to the people of :signs101: (what a guy!)

Background: The name is Karma Sign (singular) and we're not changing it, so no suggestions along those lines will be entertained. :wink: However, it was suggested by a layman that we include "& graphics" to keep it from sounding like a palm reader. The challenge with that is it knocks things off kilter. The challenge with "karma" is to keep it from feeling like a spa or yoga studio.:design:

The hubby wants an emblem that will work on its own (like Phillip amply provided) and originally said he'd like a stylized "karma" but then changed his mind thinking that's not as important to the logo as the "sign & graphics" is. I don't want to give you too many details and information because the guy is all over the place about what he "wants". I want you to look at the logos and give me your thoughts. These by the way were not really "finished" products but as far as we got.

I know I don't have to remind you these designs belong to Phillip.:thumb:

PS: Sorry I forgot a title!

Attachments

• logo1.pdf
    68.8 KB · Views: 143
  • logo3.pdf
    418.3 KB · Views: 176

letterman7

Eh... none of them really say "Signs" to me. None of the logos work on their own - they mean nothing, just a sampling of color forms. I don't think you need to add "& Graphics" to the name if you can come up with something that says to the world you do signs and not palm reading. So far, no dice..

CES020

Make the butterfly body a paint brush instead of a straight line :) There, that's my creative limit :)

There's plenty of good looking stuff in there. Much better than 90% of what's out there.

I think Phillip has his work cut out for him given the name of the business.

As far as what I do like about these, I'd say the navy, lime, and teal color combination is the most pleasing on the eyes. Aside from that, I really don't know what direction I would go. I would probably be pulling my hair out over a job like this. What comes to mind when I hear the word karma is something along the lines of a full circle or a yin yang, not so much a butterfly or a flower.

toucan_graphics

the second attachment of logos remind me of a recycling service. The circular arrow looks a lot like the symbol for recycled cardboard. I would split Karma and Sign up visually and tie them together with a graphic element rather than add an element to the side.

This is a very rough example... I resisted the urge to use yin-yang or moon and stars because you clearly want to avoid the mental image of a tarot card place or fortune teller. Obviously my 2 minute draft isn't brand-worthy but it shows what I mean about visual separation with an element to tie it all together.

karmasign.jpg

ThinkRight

Hello awesome 101ers! I need your help with this logo for our new company (now you know why I haven't been around much). The company is truly my husbands, so I'm trying to let him call the shots but the marketer/designer in me just can't let him make a mistake on something as big as his logo. We went to the incredibly talented "Sign Amigo" and bless his heart, Phillip came up with some great ideas considering. My husband and I do not agree on a lot when it comes to the logo and Phillip suggested I bring it to the people of :signs101: (what a guy!)

Background: The name is Karma Sign (singular) and we're not changing it, so no suggestions along those lines will be entertained. :wink: However, it was suggested by a layman that we include "& graphics" to keep it from sounding like a palm reader. The challenge with that is it knocks things off kilter. The challenge with "karma" is to keep it from feeling like a spa or yoga studio.:design:

The hubby wants an emblem that will work on its own (like Phillip amply provided) and originally said he'd like a stylized "karma" but then changed his mind thinking that's not as important to the logo as the "sign & graphics" is. I don't want to give you too many details and information because the guy is all over the place about what he "wants". I want you to look at the logos and give me your thoughts. These by the way were not really "finished" products but as far as we got.

I know I don't have to remind you these designs belong to Phillip.:thumb:

PS: Sorry I forgot a title!

Doing a google search for Karma I found a couple of yours similar to others.
http://www.ledmac.com/karma/
Not a big deal ,but it might be "Bad Karma" :ROFLMAO:

http://www.google.com/search?q=karm...F04%2Flife-lessons-through-karma.html;286;299
I like the simple ones.
Try changing the Karma font a little.
http://openfontlibrary.org/en/font/otfpoc#otfpoc-Medium
I kinda like this concept
http://gayatri-pariwar-books.blogspot.com/2011/06/law-of-karma_04.html
But you will have to make it not as cluttered.

I like karma but it it will be hard branding for the public.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Change that silly name. 'Karma' is as stupid a name as it is a concept.

signgal

Wow! thanks to you all (even those who still suggested changing the name when I said that wasn't happening). I got some good feedback. I was trying to thinking of a good tagline/slogan to kind of tie in the concept and came up with "positively effective signage" on the way in this morning :)

Anyone else like to weigh in *cough* Gigi, Jill, Rick, Bob, Stacey?

Tiki

Font Sage
Modified Lubalin typeface maybe using a panel shape :wink:

Attachments

• 1bbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg
    1bbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 163

Jillbeans

...with the butterfly on the high spot in the "r" busting out of the panel.
Tiki, you are the t!ts, man.

signgal

Modified Lubalin typeface maybe using a panel shape :wink:
The hubby wanted a panel but we couldn't figure out how to make it work. With Jill's element idea, I'm likin' it! She's right btw you are the t!ts, man! LOL

...with the butterfly on the high spot in the "r" busting out of the panel.
Tiki, you are the t!ts, man.
Don't sell yourself short, Jill... you're pretty t!terific yourself! LOL :wink:

visual800

Never change the name you want. i like the name and all designs are fine to me. they are simple and clean. you do not need to "conform" your name to represent you do signage.