• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 dragging ink

Kelsey Adams

Replaced printhead, maintenance station and cap top beginning of February. I am now getting black in marks when printing. Picture attached of what I am talking about. What could be causing this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 323

Stacy1203

Replaced printhead, maintenance station and cap top beginning of February. I am now getting black in marks when printing. Picture attached of what I am talking about. What could be causing this?

I’m no expert but I’ve had that happen and it was the pinch rollers going against the ink that wasn’t dried lol or having to mess with my feathering option.

Johnny Best

I replaced every pinch roller on my 1204. They break down from use, they are a hard plastic type material. There is a lot of them. But when they go bad it does not leave uniform lines like you have but more of smudge marks. I print everything with the head on high and not low.

letterman7

Mine does that as well if I'm laying a lot of ink. I put it to a couple things, static and the vinyl not being drawn tight enough with the take-up roller. Like John Best, I print everything with head high, but I still get those marks from time to time. Check your head carriage for errant dust bunnies... the one major place I had was where the cut-off knife would have been (just in front of the "lock" that needs to be released to move the head from the docking station). I cut that part of the carriage off and it made a huge difference in how many drag marks I was getting.