Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12x18 blanks

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by JBurton, Apr 6, 2020.

1. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    What do you guys typically give for a blank? Is it about $8?
    Ya know, .080" or .100", prepainted white, 1.5" radius. We don't get a lot of these requested, but always have them on hand. Last time we ordered I also got a sheet of 080 prepainted white and turned out my own undersized by 1/8", and with these uncertain times I suppose now would be a time to do it myself, but really, $8 a pop sounds ridiculous. Someone give me a reality check.

Tags:
  2. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    we get in a 48 x 96 and cut to size
    we have a keencut steeltrak so there is no waste

Reece
    Grimco
    Harbor Sales
    N Glantz

3. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    We buy sheets and cut our own. I dont recall what a 4x8 .080 runs? $100? so $5 a blank and you have to round and punch still. $8 doesnt sound horrible.

4. FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Merchant Member

5. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Thanks guys. I was looking for 100 or however many got a decent price break. Reece hit me with a quote but it's what sparked this. I guess I'll just order a few sheets and let it run.
    That cut's 080 aluminum? I guess you'd use a corner rounder to finish the edges?

6. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    yes, we cut .080 on our keencut steeltrak
    we also use our xpert corner rounder on .080

for 100+ I would have them done, too much time and wear to do them manually

7. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I agree. But at the same time since I'm not selling them left and right, I suppose I could afford to sit on the sheets until I have some down time to knock out a batch.

I'd imagine the keencut blades would wear out quick on some 080, at least compared to 3mm acm or other softer materials. Do you have to change the blade out often?

8. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    keencut steeltrak has dedicated blades, one for composite (ACM) and one for Aluminum.

We have been using the same blades for several years, still going strong.
    NOTE 080 is not our primary alum thickness and if we have a known project with higher QTY we have it cut.

• Like Like x 1