• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

$15.00 sf ??

mgcustomgraphics

So i was reading the f.a.q. Section on the Fellers Website, and they are saying the average price for sf. Of printed laminated and installed product is $15 does that sound about right? You guys have a standard?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Not going to get close to that here. Would be nice but we would lose every job at that price.

ProWraps

$6.99 here.

there is some moron that just started wrapping (they are an office supply store) pruis' for $1400. ROFL.

i wish i could have recorded the phone call when we shopped him. it was so comical you have no idea.

mgcustomgraphics

:thankyou:Thanks everyone, i figured It was way to high, unless my shop is in beverly hills im not charging that, im kind of in the process of figuring out pricing, so many different products, applications and Services but ill get there

mgcustomgraphics

So responses are anything from $7 to $12 thats a big gap to me, i guess It really depends on the area. Im in orange county cali, so im in a pretty decent market area.

OldPaint

BECAUSE some idiot with a printer, is giving work away to learn, DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO.
i do only paint & vinyl. the lowest i would let anything go out the door is $5 a sq ft. this is RTA TO ANOTHER SIGN PERSON.
YOU really need to look at this as per what you have INVESTED IN $$$$$.
i can tell you this when i went full time as a SIGN PAINTER(1986), with nothing more the some cans of 1 shot, brushes and ability to and talent to draw...........i didnt do any jobs for less the $10 a sq ft. my INVESTED $$$$$ was paint and brushes, only expense was sub-straights and those were paid for by the client.
back then VINYL was just coming into play, but people who had GERBERS paid dearly for them and charged accordingly.
not untill the cheap chines cutters did we see the decline of PROFIT, because of people with them charging almost nothing for their work. most of these were shot lived, sold plotters and they found other work.
point being, IF YOU HAVE a $20,000.00 machine, material to print on, inks to replace, WHY IN WORLD WOULD YOU give the product away because some IDIOT, who has the same equipment as you IS GIVING IT AWAY?????
i been at this a long time. last week i hand painted a 1 foot, by 5 foot piece of metal, for the sum of $175.00. 3 WORDS on it.........for $35 a sq foot!!!!!!!
working on another sign in front of a lawyers office. 3' x 4' on 10 mill alumicor, vinyl letters, set between 2 4" x4" post.......you ready for this? @ $25 a sq ft.
if you aint making money........WHY ARE IN THIS???

ironchef

Ok. Try charging 25 a sq ft for a wrap. Lol so a working van comes out to 7 grand. Lol good luck with that. Every product has a different pricing scheme/matrix. Same with large quantity, 5000 stickers does not warrant 25 a sq ft.

Allied Digital

from experience... Please start higher than you think you can, then add some! It is so much easier to go down than up later! When folks start pounding on your door b/c of your great prices, you will be kicking yourself for having to work your butt off and not seeing rewards from all that sweat! You are also cheapening your product, your abilities and your value in the industry!

Sooner Printing

Everyone should know their customers and what you can make off each customer.. Some will pay higher and some will always complain about prices no how low it is.. We have a great design team so that's always a plus in getting the price you want ;)

mgcustomgraphics

BECAUSE some idiot with a printer, is giving work away to learn, DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO.
IF YOU HAVE a $20,000.00 machine, material to print on, inks to replace, WHY IN WORLD WOULD YOU

i strongly agree, don't get me wrong i have an idea of how much to price jobs i just dont have the experience many of you have here, so it takes me a little while to put the numbers together, in fact i have turn down many people because they say'' oh this guy is charging so and so'' (very cheap) and i guess they expect me to beat that price, well i tell them ''this is my price'' and i stick to it, ''if you want something cheaper i can recomend a guy that works off his garage and uses cheap vinyl'' ( i use sarcasm ) that usually helps them understand that you get what you pay for, i'm at around $10.5 sf but i play it around depending on the car and how many they bring etc.

so dont worry ppl i'm not going to corrupt this industry by bringing prices lower than what cheap shops already have, i give a price for a quality work and if people dont like it than they know where the door is. i posted this thread just to confirm that $ 15 it is in fact too high.:thumb:

OldPaint

so 3 years ago, the printer was $30,000.00, material and inks about the same as they are today.....cost of operation/owning is still a large chunk of money. my earlier post about when i started full time, PROFIT PER JOB was 85%-95%!!!!!!!!!!!! and look at the $$$$$ INVESTED I HAD....paint and a few brushes.
all most of the people with printers are doing today is WORKING FOR THEIR SUPPLIERS/PRINTER COMPANY. these are WHO IS MAKING THE MOST PROFIT!!!!! most people think they can do the MCDONALDS volume sales at low low prices and make a million. taint so folks, unless your doing multi million dollar sales and a 2% profit will then make a nice profit.
most of ya would be better off with a $$$ per hour job, you would have more take home pay, and a lot less outlay.
i understand the drive to be self employed, been that way since 86, wanted to be, before that. but then i was doing something i enjoyed doing, because I COULD DRAW/PAINT. i will do this till they pry the quill from my cold dead hand)))))))))).
but making a living doing what you ENJOY.....is everything to me.

Centro Graphics

The market in the UK for digital print is saturated beyond belief, everyone has a printer and its a price war out there, although we try stay out of it.

I just did a calculation, for calendered 5 year vinyl with matching lam, we charge the following:

£45 sq metre = 9 sq ft (there abouts) = £5 sq ft

Convert that to Dollar and this $8 per sq ft

If you can get $15 good luck to you and enjoy your many a holiday.

For wraps then the price jumps

We do get away with higher prices at times, like rush jobs, and of course install on top.

Not sure why our industry is bottoming out, you dont see car repairs doing it, they seem to stick together and keep their prices high.

We need an association of some sort

mgcustomgraphics

I agree some sort of regulating committee or something?? With kinda like special agents that will investigate cheap shops and interrogate them and close them down, like a c.i.a. For sign shops ; ) that would be nice.