• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1604 Sub Tank Sensor Error

heyskull

I have an ongoing issue with coming in on a morning and I have a Sub Tank error showing.
When I reset the machine the issue has resolved itself.
Personally without going to deep into the machine I suspect that the sub tanks have a sensor which either contacts or triggers this error.
Is their any way of adjusting the sensor?

Thanks
SC

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's an interrupt sensor so the only adjustment is to make sure the flag is moving properly. The flag moves, and the sensor detects it, when the bag empties and refills letting the machine know when to close the valve. Is it a sub tank low error? Sometimes a sub tank low error will pop up and go away because it was just refilling but if the error sticks, it means ink isn't flowing into the bag or the sensor is malfunctioning. I would imagine if the bag was deformed in any way the flag could be missing the sensor but I have never seen that happen.

Joe House

Also, it's not really unusual for the solenoid that activates the fill valve to stick. I forget how we used to do it, but you can activate the solenoid through one of the service menus I believe. Hopefully someone can remember how that's done and share the trick.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Also, it's not really unusual for the solenoid that activates the fill valve to stick. I forget how we used to do it, but you can activate the solenoid through one of the service menus I believe. Hopefully someone can remember how that's done and share the trick.

It's in the service menu under "EXCONTROL". You can test the solenoids which just opens and closes them on demand which breaks them free most of the time.

heyskull

It's in the service menu under "EXCONTROL". You can test the solenoids which just opens and closes them on demand which breaks them free most of the time.
Hi Vander

I have replaced all the valves twice now.
Most definitely a sensor issue.
Is their any adjustment on these parts?

SC