• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1614 ink cart issues

Steven 54

Table B*#ch v2.0
Have 1614, all cartridges (440) almost new (much fuller than ink level status says) but cyan is showing [C] ink end - I’ve tried reseating the cartridge, still does same. Dead in water until figure solution. Turned it off let it sit, turned back on same thing. What would cause that & how can I fix?

Umca

You have to check Ink End sensor in the carhridge holder. It will reset value on the smart card if it activated.

Umca

Try to look into the cartridge holder. You will see a switch with arm on right side. It is InkEnd sensor. Sometimes it can be damaged by a cartidge. Compare with other slots.
You can check the state in diagnostic menu or by electric measurement device.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Once a cartridge is flagged as near empty or empty, it will be permanently. So even if the sensor is bad, you won't know until you try to put either a new card on the cartridge or a new cartridge entirely. Definitely check the sensor for damage before putting in a new cartridge as it will just flag that one empty as well!

henryp

The Ink End Sensor is the part labelled E-13 on the attached screenshots

Attachments

• ice_screenshot_20201201-084407.png
    ice_screenshot_20201201-084407.png
    416.2 KB · Views: 103
  • ice_screenshot_20201201-084318.png
    ice_screenshot_20201201-084318.png
    280.7 KB · Views: 100

Steven 54

Table B*#ch v2.0
Once a cartridge is flagged as near empty or empty, it will be permanently. So even if the sensor is bad, you won't know until you try to put either a new card on the cartridge or a new cartridge entirely. Definitely check the sensor for damage before putting in a new cartridge as it will just flag that one empty as well!

worth it to try a new card? this thing is tickin me off to the point of wanting to roll it out into the street in the path of a speeding dump truck ... sometimes I really question my career/livelihood choice and right now is one of them sometimes ugh