• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1614 problem

Graphics2u

My 1614 started giving me fits yesterday. I paused the print for a short time because I started hearing a clicking noise. sounded like something on the rail or on of the bearings on the carriage assy. Cleaned the rail, started the print again, noise still there but quieter. Gradually went away in about 30 seconds. But as it continued printing something was wrong. Did a nozzle check and one row of nozzles on magenta and one row on yellow were completely gone. Did a couple cleanings got part of them back, but found out my capping station is bad. Got new parts coming tomorrow for that

Which bring me to my question. Can you pull ink though the head and dampers with a syringe on these? I know you have to plug one of the drain lines to do it, but I though I heard something about some valves on the subtanks that have to be open in order for ink to flow??? Anyone else know anything about this, or did I just dream it?

Thanks or any input you might have.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
My 1614 started giving me fits yesterday. I paused the print for a short time because I started hearing a clicking noise. sounded like something on the rail or on of the bearings on the carriage assy. Cleaned the rail, started the print again, noise still there but quieter. Gradually went away in about 30 seconds. But as it continued printing something was wrong. Did a nozzle check and one row of nozzles on magenta and one row on yellow were completely gone. Did a couple cleanings got part of them back, but found out my capping station is bad. Got new parts coming tomorrow for that

Which bring me to my question. Can you pull ink though the head and dampers with a syringe on these? I know you have to plug one of the drain lines to do it, but I though I heard something about some valves on the subtanks that have to be open in order for ink to flow??? Anyone else know anything about this, or did I just dream it?

Thanks or any input you might have.

Good day,

Just throwing my .02 here. Just think about the entire ink system has to be sealed so the ink will go/vaccum through nicely. First few things to look at when machines have ink starvation problems in order: dampers, maintenance station, o rings, printhead. Assuming your dampers are good, maintenance station is new, printhead is in good condition. You should not have any problems to prime the line by doing couple normal cleans. You really don't want to do syringe methods unless the maintenance station is weak or air bubble just simply doesn't go away due to weak dampers, maintenance station etc.

We are a Mutoh dealer in S. California. We can order any parts for you. Just feel free to send zoom in and out photos to our email address. We usually get back to you in 2 hours. Next day shipping is also available.

Customer Service