• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1614 Sub Tank

psbc2009

Has anyone ever bypassed a subtank on a 1604/1614? Have one leaking and just cant swallow the $600 for a new one.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have had 1 customer bypass without issues. Just know that every time something isn't working right you will always question whether it's the missing subtank or not!

daveludwig328

Ink Spot Printing
I have had 1 customer bypass without issues. Just know that every time something isn't working right you will always question whether it's the missing subtank or not!
Any chance you are willing to share how the customer did it? Just fill and plug bags or a parameter in system settings? If you prefer I can send my email.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
They just emptied the machine of ink, disconnected the tubes on both sides of the sub tank and then attached them together. Then they just stuck the flag in the sensor to tell the machine that the sub tanks are full all the time. No parameters changed.

daveludwig328

Ink Spot Printing
They just emptied the machine of ink, disconnected the tubes on both sides of the sub tank and then attached them together. Then they just stuck the flag in the sensor to tell the machine that the sub tanks are full all the time. No parameters changed.
This was an eBay buy machine so if I can at least try it without the sub tanks and get an idea if it will work I want to try that thank you so much!

daveludwig328

Ink Spot Printing
Probably would explain my issues 6 months ago when I was not getting any ink to head... What if I keep the subtanks, got those fixed, but think my valve is bad...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In 10 years of being a tech I have never once had a sub tank or one of the valves be the problem. That's not to say it couldn't fail but in my experience, when you are having issues getting ink to the head it's an air leak somewhere or some other kind of issue like an empty ink cartridge that doesn't flag or maintenance station issues. You can go into the service menu and test the valves. Usually I turn them on and off a bunch of times to make sure they aren't stuck or gummed up.