• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1624 + flexi 12 + IJ180c = good profile?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hi all,
I have a new 1624x and can't seem to get a good clean print off of 180c.
I'm getting light banding in the darker blues in the scan direction that I can't get rid of.
I've downloaded the profiles from Mutoh, SAi & 3M for the 180 but can't seem to dial it in.
All the print tests seem to show that everything is good on the mechanical side.
And I do get good prints on IJ25c intermediate so it has to be something I am not doing right with the profile or pre-set.
I am pretty sure the file is ok as it has printed fine in the past on my VJ1304.

Anyone have one they'd be willing to share or point me to one on-line that works for them?
I have a fleet of 7 buses to print that are primarily dark blue and would like to run them on the new printer (black channel is failing on the old one).

I'm looking at picking up the spectrometer option for the printer so I can build the profiles from scratch (that's going to be fun) but that won't happen in time.

Thanks
wayne k
guam usa

RG

Wayne, I've seen how helpful you have always been to others here on this forum. I wish I had a fix for your problem. I'll throw out what I have to offer. My 1204 has the same problem with blue, solid colors. My fix is to print the file at 1440X720 dpi. Yes, it's painfully slow when compared to 720X720, but it fixes the problem. There might be a wave effect that will fix this. I haven't tried them all, yet.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thanks for the reply.
I did try the 720 x 1440 profile for the 180 from the Mutoh site but the result was not good.
I'm trying to tweak a few of the 720 x 720 profiles but don't have it down just yet.
Hoping someone here will have one they can loan me soon - 2 of the busses are sitting outside the shop tonight with another 2 being delivered tomorrow........

Thanks again

wayne k
guam usa

heyskull

I print all IJ180 prints at 1440x1440.
I know this is slow to print but the prints are stunning.
This material is so expensive it seems crazy not to use your best print settings and leave it over night and print the lower resolution stuff during the day.

SC

CalverleyDesign

President - The Calverley Group
I wanted to follow up on this thread and issue to see if anyone has a good all around Profile and setting for the 1624x