Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question 2.25" to 1" core adapter

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by Chris Lenertz, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Chris Lenertz

Chris Lenertz New Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Santa Ana, CA
    Hello, I have looked everywhere I can think of online and off and cannot find an adapter like this. We replaced our old laminator with a Catena 65 with a 1" mandrel. Our old film stock (about 10 rolls) has a 2.25" core. I have 2 of these adapters but I need 2 more and cannot find them. The vendor wants $120 for a pair of adapters but, from the picture they sent me, I'm not even sure it would work. I contacted the manufacturer of these cores but they only sell wholesale and I don't need 7500 of these things, just 2 minimum though I'd rather have 8. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions so I don't have to trash the old film stock. Thank you all.
    upload_2019-8-15_15-41-44.png

2. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    So you want a 1" to 2.25"? I was in the same boat with an Epson I purchased... They wanted $100ish too, which wasn't worth i. And I found a "hack". Cost about $4 in materials to make two adapters... It might help you make some temp ones. We did it tova few 2" cores... It's not a perfect solution, but it'll allow you to use all your old stock.

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  3. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Print them on your 3D printer?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Lenertz

Chris Lenertz New Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Santa Ana, CA

Ikarasu, that's a great solution. That will certainly work in the short term. I appreciate your help. I love forums.

5. Chris Lenertz

Chris Lenertz New Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Santa Ana, CA
    Gene, that would be a great idea if I had access to one. It's probably best that I don't though. No telling what I'd make. :)

6. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    I make things almost every day for the business. You have to learn to design in 3d and then the possibilities are endless.